Here is some RC news for you: Team Associated has announced that their Factory Team RC10R5 Kit is back for a limited time. The RC10R5 was introduced by Team Associated in 2008 into the fast-growing 1:10 scale World GT onroad racing class. When this RC was designed, it was based off of the highly successful 1:12 scale Factory Team RC12R5 platform. In fact, this car uses 90% of the same parts as the RC12R5. The designers built this bigger RC10R5 on a 2.5mm woven carbon fiber chassis that utilizes a pivot-ball link rear suspension that allows for independent adjustments for chassis roll, bump and alignment.
Here are some of the other features:
- Designed to fit World GT racing class specs
- Wide rear pod is balance-optimized for brushless motors and features Factory Team blue aluminum machined motor mount and left bulkhead
- Factory Team pivot ball-link chassis allows for independent adjustment for roll, bump, and alignment
- The pivot ball-link chassis has proven to be more durable in high speed impacts and better in bumpy track conditions
- Factory Team shocks feature a through-shaft design, making for equal damping with no rebound in both directions
- Updated active strut front end features symmetric components with adjustable caster and track width, as well as a new front axle with wheel nut
- Woven carbon fiber center shock tower allows for incremental adjustments of rear spring rate
- 2.5mm woven carbon fiber chassis
- Full ball bearing
- Ball differential
- Foam front bumper helps protect body and chassis during impact
- Servo mounts flat for a lower CG and includes Ackermann adjustment spacers
This model was discontinued by Team Associated apparently due to lack of sales from what I have heard and browsing through a few forums, there were people that were upset about that. It seems as though the 10th pan cars were making a come back and people that had raced in that class in the past were really happy about the RC10R5 and I think it was a shock that is was discontinued so soon after it came out.
Associated does have a RC10R5-Oval Factory Team Kit that came out in 2009 as their addition to the fast and intense on-road oval circuit and has a few differences (I don’t know if you can call them updates).
But, those fans will be happy to hear that Team Associated has brought back the RC10R5 for a limited time! They aren’t saying how limited it is – they say there are only a limited quantity out there so if you want a new one, I would get moving. I wish I knew the reason they are bringing it back for a limited time but I guess they’re giving it a go again to see if the market is ready this time.
Check it out, let us know what you think of it below or in our RC Nightmare Forum!