Its coming! Nitro fans, this is for you! The first European Nitro Challenge will be held at the world famous Hocekheim Forumula 1 Circuit on June 23-26 and will feature 4 classes:
- 1/8 On-road Open
- 1/8 On-road Hobby Cup
- 1/10 On-road Open
- 1/10 On-road Hobby Cup
On Thursday and Friday the track is open for practice, the qualifying will be held on Saturday, and the finals are scheduled for Sunday. On Saturday evening a dinner buffet takes place in the nearby Hockenheim Ring Hotel (200m from the track) with a view to the pitlane of the formula 1 track followed by music and drinks. The open classes are for racers that want to run against the top team drivers of the participating companies. There are still some places available!!
This would be a really exciting event to watch with over 60 entries to include a very high level of racing. There are several world champions and top drivers throughout the world entering in this event. Here are a few:
- Daniele Ielasi – former world champion and Shepherd’s top driver
- Jilles Groskamp – Shepherd front runner
- Dirk Wischnewski - German Xray driver and two time 1/10th scale European Champion
- Robert Pietsch – current 1/8th scale on-road world champion
- Michael Salven – Serpent front man
- Eric Dankel – Top Xray racer
- Oliver Mack – Multiple World Championship finalist, Vice-European Champion, multiple German Champion
- Ronald Völker – Vice-Worldchampion Electric TC, 4-times European Champion
And that is just to name a few! Stay posted here at RC Nightmare.com for more news on this event and other awesome RC races and news. If you like racing, you should love our RC Nightmare Running Videos!!