Hey guys. I have another exciting RC event update for you. The Pre Worlds were held this past weekend at Homestead RC Raceway in Miami, Florida. This race is held in preparation for next April’s IFMAR 1/8th scale on road World Championships. The top qualifier from the past 2 gas on road World Championships Robert Pietsch once again took the top spot with his self designed Mugen MRX-5. He was ahead of team mates Mike Swauger and Keisuke Fukuda, with Serpent driver Paolo Morganti rounding out the top 4.
But it was Dutch driver Rick Vrielijnck who set the fastest lap on the way to the win taking the flag by less than a second from team mate Fukuda in 2nd, both using the new Protoform P909 shell, with Paolo Morganti rounding off the podium in 3rd spot.
Here are the final standings:
1. Rick Vrielijnck – NL – Protoform P909
2. Keisuke Fukuda – JP – Protoform P909
3. Paolo Morgani – USA
4. Marco Vanni – IT – Protoform P909
5. Scott Kimbrow – USA – Protoform R15B
6. (TQ) Robert Pietsch – DE – Protoform R15B (during qualifying)
7. Flavio Elias – BR – Protoform P909
8. Michele Romagnoli – IT – Protoform P909
9. Mike Swauger – USA – Protoform P909
10.Ralph Burch – USA
Can’t wait to see who wins April’s IFMAR 1/8th scale on road World Championships!