Here is a new product for ProTek in this new year:
ProTek R/C has released their new “Prodigy 65″ and “Prodigy 65 AC” battery chargers! The ProTek R/C “Prodigy 65″ is a powerful multifunctional balance charger with a high performance microprocessor. The “Prodigy 65″ delivers 50 watts of output power and produces a maximum charge current of 5.0 amps with an efficient cooling system, allowing the “Prodigy 65″ to efficiently operate at full power with little effort. The “Prodigy 65″ features an optimized user interface with a variety of functions that allow you to charge, discharge or cycle up to 15 NiCd or NiMH cells, as well as the three most common lithium battery types: LiPo, Li-ion, and LiFe, up to 6S. And where the “Prodigy 65″ is a great choice for those who already have a power supply, the built-in 5 amp power supply of “Prodigy 65 AC” provides all of that functionality with power straight from an electrical socket.
- High-Power Circuit and Temperature Stability
- Compatible with LiPo, Li-ion, and LiFe packs
- Multiple Lithium Battery Charge Modes:
- “Fast” Charge Mode
- “Balance” Charge Mode
- “Storage” Charge Mode
- Optimized User Interface
- Internal Lithium Balancer
- Data Store/Load
- Cyclic Charging/Discharging
- PC-Based Analysis Using USB Communication
And Safety First! Here are the safety features:
- Delta-Peak Sensitivity: The Prodigy 65 features an automatic charge termination program that uses Delta-peak voltage detection to determine when the pack is fully charged.
- Auto-Charge Current Limit: When using the “Auto” current mode for charging NiCD or NiMH cells, you can set the upper limit of the charge current to avoid high current charging. This is useful when charging low impedance, low capacity NiMH cells.
- Capacity Limit: The charging capacity is calculated by multiplying the charging current and time. If the charging capacity exceeds the limit the process will be automatically terminated to prevent damage. This limit is user-specified.
- Temperature Threshold: The temperature of a battery will rise during the charging process due to the internal chemical reaction. You set the limit, and if its reached, the process will be terminated. (Optional sensor not included).
- Processing Time Limit: The Prodigy 65 allows you to limit the process time to avoid damage due to a possible battery defect.
- Input Power Monitor: The Prodigy 65 monitors input power to protect the power source from being damaged. If input power drops below an acceptable limit the process will be terminated.