Just reading up on Team Associated’s website and saw that the long long awaited Reedy 121 VR-ST off-road competition nitro engine has finally arrived and is in stock and shipping! Extensively track-tested by Reedy factory drivers such as Ryan Maifield (one of my favorites), Craig Drescher, Neil Cragg, and Richard Saxton, the VR-ST incorporates state-of-the-art features in a proven package.
The current 121VR engine has already proved itself in performance and pricing and the VR-ST takes performance to an entirely new level with the addition of a balanced ADLC-coated crankshaft, ceramic rear bearing, lightweight piston, and ADLC-coated wrist pin. An ultra-lightweight heatsink head with “diamond cut” fins improves cooling while lowering the center of gravity.
Here are the main features:
- 3+1 Port Chrome Plated Cylinder
- High Silicon CNC-Machined Lightweight Piston
- Knife-Edged 7075 Aluminum Connecting Rod
- ADLC-Coated Wrist Pin
- Chrome-Plated Back Plate with Turbo Scoop
- Ultra-Lightweight Machined Aluminum Heatsink Head
- Thermo-Insulated, Screw-Mounted 2-Needle Carburetor
- Balanced Turbo Scoop Crankshaft with ADLC Coating and Silicone Insert
- Precision Steel Front Ball Bearing
- Precision Ceramic Rear Ball Bearing
- Oversized Finned Turbo Head Button
- 7.0mm, 8.0mm, and 9.0mm Venturi Inserts
I’m sure we can expect the Team Associated guys to be racing with this engine soon!