Any Engineers out there that are also RC fans?! If so, I have a pretty exciting announcement for you . Schumacher Racing, the leading British RC car manufacturer have a job opening up based in Northampton, UK. They are looking for an Engineer/Buyer – meaning an engineer with good commercial acumen and manufacturing knowledge.
Here are the responsibilities:
- Liaising with suppliers worldwide and developing a good understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Sourcing new parts and products, obtaining quotes, selecting suppliers.
- Project planning.
- Maintaining product data, price lists and bills of materials.
- Input into product design and development.
- Providing product support for customers and team drivers, by telephone, email, and at race meetings.
- Component quality control.
- Building and testing of prototype cars.
And here are the requirements. Check out if you’re qualified!
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Good commercial acumen
- Good numeracy and IT skills
- Good knowledge of, and a passion for RC cars.
- Regular attendance of race meetings at weekends.
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good people and communication skills.
71-73 Tenter Road