Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: probably getting out the hobby

Unhappy probably getting out the hobby

yesterday i found out my hobby shop caught on fire and is probably not going to reopen. and as many of you know i have been putting together a rc8be which is a racing geared buggy. its my only rc car and i have about 900$ in all the stuff into it. and if the hobby shop decides not to open up ill be selling all my stuff besides my helis and moving on to either dirtbikes or mountain biking. i dont plan on making any moves until 4-6 weeks and that would be plenty of time for the hobby shop to know if they are rebuilding or closing shop. sorry guys, but all in all this has been a great hobby to be in
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

Thats the only shop? Also if it has a track and nice turn out im sure a new shop will be coming soon and they will still run races.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

the next closest track is 1:30hr away so it would be a 3 hr trip there and back and i cant ask my parents to do that every weekend. so i can race. and the turn out wasnt so great it was really slow actually so its all up in the air at the moment
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

I think if you already have the money sank in, finish it and run it as a light basher for awhile and see if you like it. If so keep it and maybe in the future, a new track will pop up closer to you.
    erevofreak96 and RCRacing88 like this.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

Dude don't bail on the hobby man....make ur own track! Figure out something else to do...if you only like racing then get more involved here....lord knows we need help....

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    the next closest track is 1:30hr away so it would be a 3 hr trip there and back and i cant ask my parents to do that every weekend. so i can race. and the turn out wasnt so great it was really slow actually so its all up in the air at the moment
    Most of my tracks besides 3 are far. All 3 close run 1/8 but there small. Thats why its always good to know other racers. I tag along with them and give them some gas money or help em pit. Just hang on to it and wait a little. You done dumped all u got into it and wont get what u put into it. Better off keeping it for a little to see what happens. Find a field and grab a shovel. I dont think they will just shut down cus a fire if they were pretty well off.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

Hang on in there buddy, don't leave the hobby, I agree with anderson. Run it on the street for a while, even make your own track. Get some buddies together and bash. You never know, a few months down the line a new track may open up. Or there may even be one closer to you then you think, have a chat with some other racers and see what they say

Good Luck!
    erevofreak96 likes this.
    Caster Racing EX1.5
    T8 1900kv & Castle Speed Control on 4s
    Diggity Designs CF Upper Deck
    VP Pro & Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC1258 Titanium Geared

HotBodies Truggy & Ho Bao Hyper 7
    GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%
    Ofna - Proline - VP Pro - Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC125/78 Titanium Geared

Thanks to: Caster Racing USA - Team Tekin - Byron Fuels - VP Pro - Savox

RCRacing88.eu5.org / Youtube.com/RCRacing88
    Nene Valley Raceway

i am going to run it. but if i sell everything that i have in rc. i could get close to 1000$ if i part it out. but i am going to run the buggy some just to see how it feels. but after that i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    i am going to run it. but if i sell everything that i have in rc. i could get close to 1000$ if i part it out. but i am going to run the buggy some just to see how it feels. but after that i dont know
    Your crazy if you sell your stuff... haha you won't get as much as you think either... though, the end fo the day... its your choice..

Lots of ...'s
    Caster Racing EX1.5
    T8 1900kv & Castle Speed Control on 4s
    Diggity Designs CF Upper Deck
    VP Pro & Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC1258 Titanium Geared

HotBodies Truggy & Ho Bao Hyper 7
    GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%
    Ofna - Proline - VP Pro - Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC125/78 Titanium Geared

Thanks to: Caster Racing USA - Team Tekin - Byron Fuels - VP Pro - Savox

RCRacing88.eu5.org / Youtube.com/RCRacing88
    Nene Valley Raceway

I'm sure you could get the parts you need online? Then simply use it for bashing. But if you wana move on sell it and good luck with whatever else you decide to take up if this doesn't work out
    YouTube = RCJunkie2011 | PSN = superlinfield32

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast