Thread: Charge rate on Turnigy nano tech

Charge rate on Turnigy nano tech

The listed charge rat for my new lipos is 10c. It's a 4000mah 40-80cdischarge. I can charge up to 10 amps with my charger. Has anyone charged nano techs lipos over 1c?

Sent from Oser world

never had a nano tech batt, I assumed that the lipo's were the same for charging..... Learned something new today

I would have set it to 4.0amp on charge as it's a 4000mah and for reg lipo you cut out the last 3 digits or put a decimal point after the first digit and that is usually what the charge rate is recommended at. If the charge rate for the batt states it can be charged at 10 you don't have to charge it that fast if you prefer not to.... I charge my 5000mah always at 2.5 instead of the maximum 5

Charge times are a bit longer but I'm in no need of a quick charge as I have many lipo's I use while one or two are on charge

Thanks for responding. I have a couple of SPC lipos that can be charged at 2c. I trust the SPC lipo at that rate and do sometimes charge them at 8 for a 4000mah batt. I hear you when you say you have no need to rush them and you are making me think more about rushing mine as well. This world we live in is so rushed. Everything is faster these days. I will probably take your advice and charge them at 1c rate. I do have (5) lipos now and never really run more than (2) packs unless bashing with friends.

Sent from Oser world

Charging slower I have found I get longer run times and longer life of the batts as the batt fills up that much more balanced and completely... I still race with x2 Turnigy 5000mah 40c 2s I had bought almost 3 years ago with about 50-60 cycles each on them, they still have about 30min run times on a track, half that in a bashing situation. Getting a little puffy now tho..... nothing a little Duck Tape cant help hold....jk This is the last summer of racing for them then it's off to practice/tuning runs only

Sounds like you got your money out of them. For the price, you can't beet them. I lost (3) lipos last month. Two venoms and one traxxas. Not a good month for me. Really don't even want to explain all the details. I just know I will do whatever it takes to keep from loosing any more. I don't mind charging them slow, if it helps preserve the cells. I deal with a lot of batteries offshore in the Gulf of Mexico. We have navigation lights and foghorns on oil and gas platforms. We mostly use solar panels to provide charge to the batteries. The biggest pain with solar panels out there would be the sea gulls painting the panels white (pooing) lol. A little off topic sorry.

Sent from Oser world