Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good/cheap charger

good/cheap charger

Hi everyone, It seems I am now in the market for a charger/balancer. I'm looking for a bang for your buck type thing but have a few requirements it needs to be ac/dc, go up to 6s, and charge at 5a or better. I'm looking at Thunder and Detrum units but though I'd see what you guys have to say on the subject. I know I will want to upgrade later but I am strapped for cash ATM and have lots of stuff to replace. Thanks for reading

We've got an onyx on ebay right now that you should check out, even if you don't buy it from ebay, this model is actually pretty amazing for the price

I have a Thunder AC6 and I love it!

I purchased it because it gets great reviews everywhere.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

That is the thunder I was looking at the only thing that I like about the Detrum one is it come with a deans addapter and I don't believe the the thunder does there both $45 and I'm lazy lol.

i have the detrum ac/dc charger. love it great charger. i made a somewhat good video on it in a thread down below and its the only one on youtube no one made a video for execpt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazzard View Post
    That is the thunder I was looking at the only thing that I like about the Detrum one is it come with a deans addapter and I don't believe the the thunder does there both $45 and I'm lazy lol.
    The Thunder comes with multiple adapters, but it does not come with a Deans. You can easily make one yourself by soldering a Deans connector on the end of one of the included adaptors. Or you can just buy an adaptor with Deans on it.

Can you solder? If not I see your concern, but you really can't be into electric RCs without knowing how to solder unless you want to rely on somebody else to do it for you.

LOL yeah I can solder just fine, like I said, I'm lazy its really not a big deal though I will have to put deans on some batterys anyway. But if there is a charger that come with one, is comparable, and is 5 bucks cheaper why not right? I am going back and forth between the two but if they have the thunder ac680 in stock when I'm ready to order then I may go for that one it has just a little more power than the ac6.

I did look at the onyx but it does not do 6s and I can get two of the ones from hobbyparts for less.

Nice vid rcbeginner! very informative. looks like a good charger and I like the $40 price tag alot.

The onyx 230 i have comes with a five year warranty which is nice. This is a great charger except i should have bought one with the built in balancer, my bad. I think i paid 80 bucks at my local hobby shop for it. So for anyone looking for a charger this is a great choice for the price as jeremy said in an earlier post.
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

I got the Thunder AC6 and so far its a very good charger. I went with the thunder because of many recommendations. I even soldered some deans connectors on one of the adapters right away LOL

Good choice!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast