Thread: Powerlab 8 charger.

RayRod1219

Powerlab 8 charger.

Hey guys, new to the forum.

I'm going to take the plunge in purchasing the powerlab 8 charger. Can anyone tell me what else I need to purchase to use this puppy correctly and to its full potential. I know I need a power supply and some other stuff.

What power supply do you all recommend? What cable and connectors? I want to be able to charge multiple batts at at time too so what do I need in order to this? What am I missing? I just hate buying stuff and then realize I need one more thing to buy in order to use the item.

Thanks.

it comes with everything you need, we either plug it into the car battery or use a protek 40...brandon totally loves the thing..check out our videos on it

hey jeremy, I was looking into getting the powerlab 6 and was wondering if it will do everything the powerlab 8 will, but just has 1000w instead of 1344w. I just want to know if it will be almost the same as in charge time and those other capabilities you described in the video such as smart charge. Also I was wondering if the parallel board they offer is good. It's like a 60amp parallel board and can do 6 batteries. My last question on the charger is if it is better than the hitec x4 plus acdc. I've been debating on these two for forever!!!

I was wondering if my rigged computer power supply will work to power it indoors. I have an enermax liberty 500w modular powersupply that I took and basically made a positive and a negative post to clamp onto. I feel that it is quite similar to the specs as the protek 40 but I am not sure. Attachment 491Attachment 492

My thought process was that if I just add up the amount of amps the psu is pushing for each 12v port, It'll add up to over 40 amps atleast. I really am not sure if this will work with the powerlab 6 because it does need a lot of power. It works for smaller chargers, but i'd really like your help on this. Thanks!!!

P.S. You guys are awesome!!! Hands down one of my biggest influences in R/C. I don't buy anything without checking to see if you have a video review on it!

I'm going to bump up this thread. I'm trying to understand the gist of things here.

Will the powerlab 8 charge directly from your car with no power supply?

What I'm aiming to do is charge 4x 6s 3300 lipos. Is this charger over kill for that or would there be a cheaper solution?

I'm planning on charging 4x 6s 40-90c 3300mah on the powerlab 8 which power supply do you guys recommend. How would this work with charging off a car battery? Thanks guys.

Hey guys, New to this hobby. I got the Powerlab 8 bc of the recommendation for your youtube video. Im still trying to figure out how to charge this battery using this machine. I have a Turnigy 5000mAh 45-90C discharge 6s. I want to charge it off my car battery, until I get a PS. I just dont know how to set it up... When I connect everything, I choose "battery" as power source, then From there I get lost. I find my way to charge rate and choose 5A, then it asks discharge rate in Amps??? Help please..

Oh, It did show that my Voltage on my pack was 3.86V....

it's best to use the included manual for this stuff, then just setup two different profiles on it, one for your car, and one for a power supply..then you only have to set it up once.