Thread: Charge Time

Charge Time

I just got the Traxxas 6400mAh LiPo battery and the Prophet Sport LiPo charger today and I was just woundering how it would take to charge the LiPo. Please Help

(O yay an it it charging on the 2A charge current)

Cool

I'm not to sure, with my gens ace 5300 lipo balance charge of 2.5amp takes about 90-100min at a starting volt of x2 3.8v per cell. On the charge setting at 5amp it takes around 20-35min at a starting volt of x2 3.8v per cell.

With that said I would have to guess "A long time....lol" at the current 2amp setting for a 6400. If your charger allows it you could charge up to 6amp on your 6400. The safe way to set your charge amp is to put a point after the 4th digit of your batts ie;

6400mah = 6.400 amp remove the last 2-3 digits and ta-da your safe charge amp is up to 6amp
    5000mah = 5.000 amp safe amp is up to 5 amp
    1600mah = 1.600 amp safe amp is up to 1.6 amp

best way to charge is balance charge it tho. All this info is just in case you don't know it already or if someone who reads this does not know how to tell what amp they can charge a lipo, charge time depends on how you set your charging/balance amps in relation to your ????mAh(size)

Be sure to always read over your batt/charger manual before using or charging to be sure of what your doing.

It ended up taking around 95 minutes