Thread: Lipo question

Lipo question

Getting ready to upgrade to a 2c 5000mah lipo, so is there really much of a performance difference, setting the price aside, from one brand of lipo to another. Everyone says the gens ace are the most bang for your buck but they are hard to find in stock. I am thinking of going with the duratrax onyx 2c 5000mah as they are readily available and that is what i am running now as my nimh, no issues as of yet. As like everyone else here, looking for most run time and best performance. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!

I have heard the Turnigy Nano-tec are good batts for what you pay, I personally use the gens ace batts and would recommended these to anyone looking for a great bang for your buck.

I'm not to sure that some batts are better then others as I have only owned the turnigy and gens batteries but I do own Duratrax 1600mah lipo's for my 1/18 and I have not had any issues as far as run times, so I would guess that they would do the trick for now until you can hook yourself up with some Gens ace.

My Turnigy(non nano-tec) 2cell 25c 5000mah batteries are almost 1 1/2 years old now and they still hold a full charge and average about 30min run times still(MMP 4600kv system on track setting) My gens ace batteries are about 1 year old and hold a full charge and have about the same run times but have a 40c 5300mah.

Just read up on recommended charge rates, how to store and safety precautions when using and you should be able to keep you lipo's good for awhile without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_With_RC View Post
    I have heard the Turnigy Nano-tec are good batts for what you pay, I personally use the gens ace batts and would recommended these to anyone looking for a great bang for your buck.

I'm not to sure that some batts are better then others as I have only owned the turnigy and gens batteries but I do own Duratrax 1600mah lipo's for my 1/18 and I have not had any issues as far as run times, so I would guess that they would do the trick for now until you can hook yourself up with some Gens ace.

My Turnigy(non nano-tec) 2cell 25c 5000mah batteries are almost 1 1/2 years old now and they still hold a full charge and average about 30min run times still(MMP 4600kv system on track setting) My gens ace batteries are about 1 year old and hold a full charge and have about the same run times but have a 40c 5300mah.

Just read up on recommended charge rates, how to store and safety precautions when using and you should be able to keep you lipo's good for awhile without any issues.
    Ok thanks for the info, i appreciate it!
    Big boyz with lil' toyz!