Thread: power loss on my slash 4x4

power loss on my slash 4x4

Hey Idk if I'm in the right spot but, I have a slash vxl 4x4 and I'm running a 8.4volt 5000mah battery on it. I'm noticing that it isn't as fast as it used yo be. It's my only battery and i use a fast charger from oynx. Is I lube my bearing on it every now and then so I don't think It's that could it be my battery. I use it at least once a day to let u know. Can anyone help me out?

What kind of budget do you have? if it is around 50-100 dollars, it may be worth investing in a lipo pack and charger because that is normal for the nihm packs to lose thier punch, especially in a heavily 4wd vehicle like the slash 4x4 that draws alot of amps. Lipo packs put out more amps in most cases. a 2s lipo pack would be just as fast as a 7cell nihm but it will feel faster due to the fact that it has more punch which equals better acceleration.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

+1 andersonwal NiMhs and Nicds lose punch quickly, lipos are great but you may need a new charger to charge/balance a lipo, so take that into consideration when pricing out new batts. Gen aces have pretty good affordable lipos, if you want to go a cheaper route, Turingy has very cheap lipis but you may have to wait a while on shipping from china

On another note you may try to trickle charge your current nimh or nicd and try to bring some life back to it but a lipo is going to be your best bet for raw power and longevity. Just be certian you set your esc for LVD (low voltage detection) so you dont run your lipo below its 3.1v per cell threshold

A 3 cell 5000mAh 20c LiPo is $37 on HobbyPartz.com
    Link:
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl5000-3s1p-20c-3333-hardcase.html
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

O yay and if your budget is around 50-100 dollars then you could buy 2 so when you are using 1 then you can be charging the other batery. Hope this helps
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

well... with the nimh batteries after a while they will start to wear out and you wont get as good of performance... i would recomend you switch over to lipos
    i am the revoman

your probley charging it to fast
    for that battery you should only be charging it at about 3 or 4 amps
    nothing more or your battery will become shot