Thread: sky lipos

Question sky lipos

I have looked on ebay and other websites and all the lipos are like 100 dollars. I was on hobbypartz.com the other day and there were these sky lipo hardcases for like 16 bucks. How is that possible?

well if you sell a mass amount of something, you can mark the price down. for instance i wanted the traxxas TQi remote, receiver, and docking base but retail it sold for 205.00 but on ebay there was a guy selling them for 58 bucks. they were 58 bucks cause he had 101 of them to sell so he knocked off 75% retail value. I would personally check out hobbyking cause their prices are as stupid low as the hobbyparts prices but they have better brands like Turnigy and Gens Ace. I would recommend gettign either a Gens Ace or a Turnigy bettery because they are better value and they are a better company all around.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Sky Lipo is a good brand but not the best. I have one and it is a good battery. But for the money it is great. The main reason it is so much more is because it is not a true name brand like trakpower, maxamps, orion,and things along those lines. Those batteries will give you a little more performance but for the money the sky lipo is a much better bang for your buck!

Thanks. I've been looking at hobbyking. I think that's where I'm going to buy my battery. I'm selling my sportwerks chaos on ebay right now, with the money from that I might get a rhino 2s 2750 mah battery.

there a lot cheaper because they arent race spec and dont have the best materials but i own three of them for my slash and i have no problems with them
    i some times race with them at my local track(not big on rules their)and they do fine
    i dont notice a difference from my venom batteries