Thread: Best battery and charger?

Best battery and charger?

So I just bought my first rc car a few weeks ago and I got the rustler vxl but I don't like the 8 hour charger that comes with it and my local hobby shop recommended the onyx charger and batteries but I haven't seen any post about them being good I'm looking for a charger that will cost about $120 or less and 3s lipo 5000 mah batteries (no less then 8.4v) but I don't wanna spend more then $60 per battery so if anyone could send me some links or something with some nice chargers and batteries or just tell me the onyx charger and batteries are good

I use the Red Venom Pro Charger. Good charger. as for batteries I use the Traxxas 4200 NIMH, 3300 NIMH, and the two 3000 NIMH batteries. I have a Rustler VXL, Slash 4x4, and Mini E Revo VXL. If you are planning on upgrading your Rustler. Check out my thread on the list of my Rustler upgrades and mods. Good Luck!

the onyx 235 charger is really good. My dad and I have one, we love it. You could get the bigger one and be able to charge two batteries at once. Ther are some really good batteries at hobbyking or hobbypartz.com. The are about 20.00 for 2s, but I don't think the 3s are much more expensive.

Yeah I found a bunch of really cheap lipo batteries but why are they cheap I feel like that means there not very good or they don't last long

I don't really plan on upgrading unless I break something my shocks broke on the first day so I got new shocks already but that's it so far

I use the Dynamite Profit Sport Lipo/LiFe charger. its a good charger but will take about 4 hours for my traxxas 6400mAh 3s to charge. The charger gets real warm so i run a fan on it, but a good thing is it charges through the balencer port on the battery so the batterys get balanced. But I wanna get either the single battery onyx charger or the new traxxas charger. I would reccomed getting batterys from hobbyking.com or hobbypartz.com cause they have really low prices.
    Last edited by rcman; 10-10-2012 at 02:22 AM. Reason: frgot hooow 2 speel
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

check out the chargers and batteries on nitrorcx.com
    the chargers are pretty cheap and only around $60
    as for the batteries you can get them pretty cheap
    their about 15-30 depending on which ones you want

I used the onyx 235 and thats a good charger fo a battery go to hobbypartz and take a look at the gancs acec.