Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Caster EX1.5

What begins with 'T', ends with 'N'. and spells T.E.K.I.N?

Any guesses?

Tekin T8 Motor

Isn't it just beautiful...

haha, but seriously, it's a great looking motor, it feels very well machined in your hands and weighs a fare bit too!

The model we have here is the 1900kv buggy motor.

New shell:

Here we have the tekin motor fitted in the caster buggy. I was hesitant to whether or not the motor would fit, as caster USA stated a value on their website for motor sizes which seemed way too good to be true. Sure enough, I was wrong. (thankfully)

Caster Racing EX1.5
    T8 1900kv & Castle Speed Control on 4s
    Diggity Designs CF Upper Deck
    VP Pro & Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC1258 Titanium Geared

HotBodies Truggy & Ho Bao Hyper 7
    GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%
    Ofna - Proline - VP Pro - Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC125/78 Titanium Geared

Thanks to: Caster Racing USA - Team Tekin - Byron Fuels - VP Pro - Savox

RCRacing88.eu5.org / Youtube.com/RCRacing88
    Nene Valley Raceway

Last but not least, we have my new set of VP Pro wheels and tyres. These are the "Turbo Traxx" treat pattern and so far have out standed the condor XX on every surface. Not to mention they hardly wear at all.

Visit my [URL="http://youtube.com/rcracing88"]youtube[/URL] channel for a short overview of the new motor, and running clips on grass, + my thoughts as I drive.

I will mention a couple of things about the diffs.

I did tear down F/C/R diffs to clean and replace factory grease with losi diff oils designed for the Eight-t. I have had a quick run around with it and it seems to transition allot smoother and more quickly with the new oils. Though a more thorough test will be needed to conclude the differences.

Replacing diff oils was a first for me, so I was a little hesitant in doing so. Coming from a first timer, taking the F/R diffs out were a bit of hassle, it meant for around 12 screws to be taken out which was the easy bit. Putting the diff casing back in however was a little trickier. Though I suppose all 1/8 buggies are just as complex.

The centre diff however was a doddle. It too 4 screws from the top, and two from below to remove the motor mount, and boom, the top plate was off and you could slide the centre diff out to do maintenance. (Very impressed)
    Last edited by RCRacing88; 07-08-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    Caster Racing EX1.5

GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%

Nene Valley Raceway

So today I got some running footage of the new Tekin T8... Which can be seen here: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn44ldeEgU8]YouTube - ‪BUGGY @ BMX PARK - CRASHES / HITS / FLIPS - TEKIN + CASTER - HD‬‏[/url]

If you watch the whole video, you will see that I did manage to break a front arm on the buggy. This was a Mugen MBX5R Arm, but it did hit pretty hard. (unfortunately the video doesn't show that very well)

I went to the BMX track first thing this morning, packed a bag of tools and of course the buggy and cycled for around 10 mins until I arrived at the location.

It's a great place to bash, and would be even more of a blast if someone else was there to enjoy the jumps with their RC kit too.

I got around 10 mins shooting before the buggy landed on it's lid and a dodgy solder connection came unstuck. GRRR

Went back home, sorted it all out and got some more footage between the unpredictable rain showers that were striking throughout the day. Also GRRR (Bloody weather) GRRRRRRR

Check the footage out, it came out pretty good, I was testing the durability of the shock towers and the arms, when flipping the buggy in slow motion, towards the camera.

Cheers
    Caster Racing EX1.5

GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%

Nene Valley Raceway

dude that was an awesome video i liked and faved. but u like the tekin and are you running sensored? as well your back yard looks like one huge man cave. u mentioned you need some one to bash, ill be over in a sec
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyinzo View Post
    dude that was an awesome video i liked and faved. but u like the tekin and are you running sensored? as well your back yard looks like one huge man cave. u mentioned you need some one to bash, ill be over in a sec
    Thanks bro means allot. Positive comments always help when making video's!

yeap, I absolutely LOVE the Tekin motor! SO far after running 10-11 packs through it, I have thrashed it as hard as I could, and it still stays within a touchable temp.

It has an awesome smooth power delivery, with more than enough torque. Not to mention the run times have some how almost doubled. I used to get around 20-25 mins, now I get 40-45. which is amazing considering i'm only running 5000mah, though I am lead to believe it exceeds that by around 300mah from my findings on the charger today.

I hear your choosing on a new motor, I would definitely go with the best, and go tekin, and go with 2050kv or below IMO. it's great that you can have cooler temps and more torque, but still have the opportunity to gear up/down.

I'm running sensorless, It really doesnt make a different unless your runnning any pro comps, and even then it's a 1/2 second difference anyway. Check this vid: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IARLvwcW7K0]YouTube - ‪Tekin sensored vs sensorless starts, testing‬‏[/url]

I do idealy Go for it he he, a have a mate who has a truggy, though I am currently repairing it, it's nackered.
    Caster Racing EX1.5

GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%

Nene Valley Raceway

well i think ill get the tekin. but at the momment i need to get the kit and put the mmm in it. then when i get the extra cash ill try to find a tekin system used and then put the mmm back in my revo
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

well i think ill get the tekin. but at the momment i need to get the kit and put the mmm in it. then when i get the extra cash ill try to find a tekin system used and then put the mmm back in my revo
    Ya, n1 mate
    Caster Racing EX1.5

GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%

Nene Valley Raceway

Runtimes...

From a fully charged 5000mah 4s 30c discharge Lipo from Turnigy. I got 32:15 mins from first 15 mins on short grass racing around cones, and the 2nd 15 mins or so doing full speed runs down a road.

I am very pleased with the Tekin motor giving me a ton more runtime from the same pack! Win win with Tekin for me!

I think on track, running consistently, I could get 40-45mins per pack. Amazing!

I will be heading down to the track on 31st of July, The track has been slightly altered, so we will see how the new layout goes!

Check back for some more info in the up coming weeks!
    Caster Racing EX1.5

GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%

Nene Valley Raceway

good luck with a new lay out. i always to terrible on a new layout lol

good luck with a new lay out. i always to terrible on a new layout lol
    Cheers buddy, It should be good, I don't think it has changed a whole lot, just added a couple of jumps to the current layout, and split up the back straight somehow. I'm not totally sure what to expect but other racers seem to like it

Check this vid to see what I mean

Bottom left 'U' Bend now has jump on exit.

and back-straight is apparently now split up slightly.

Caster Racing EX1.5

GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%

Nene Valley Raceway