Thread: RC10 worlds car build

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar

RC10 worlds car build

so iv been needing to replace my 14 year old tired worn out hard to get parts for team losi XXXT. iv been running stadium trucks sense 1997 and i decided it was about time i spent some time with a buggy. first buggy i can remember was the RC10 by cousin raced back in the early 90's. well AE re-released it and thanks to a good deal on tower i snatched one up!

and compared to my last 2 builds this one is a peace of cake! it's going fast. hell in the matter of 4 hours im almost done!

really all i have left is to finish is 3 turnbuckles, build the shocks, glue the tires (i bought 2 sets, more on that tomorrow), and paint the body.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

and, here's today's update. mechanically it's done (minus glueing the tires).

and here's my tire situation. bashing on pavement with small pin tires is a good way to makes slicks in a very short amount of time. so i got 2 sets of tires. bow ties and ribs for track and dirt use. and dirt hawgs for general bashing.

tomorrow i clean up the workbench a bit, finish installing the electronics, maybe glue up the tires. and maybe, just maybe drive it a bit and start working the bugs out of it (i know it needs a wheel alignment). and hopefully i can start painting the body next week.
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

after the first test run

still have some bugs to work out of it. mainly front end alignment and steering

body's mounted. all that's left is to paint the body. stopping by the hobby shop tomorrow after work to see if they have the paint i want (im not holding my breath). i was hoping to paint it next weekend, well see what happens.

aside form working out gearing it's now finished.
    the early 90's threw up inside the body today