Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losi 8ight 2.0 conversion.

Losi 8ight 2.0 conversion.

I got a losi 8ight 2.0 nitro roller from a friend for a 150 bucks. Since my local track isnt running nitro classes anymore since they relocated, i got the castle conversion kit for 25 dollars. after installation i found out the the body has to be lifted A CRAP TON to fitover the huge battery trays. What ive decided to do is take the trays off then reinstall the stock side gaurds, after that, i fliped the rear part of the castle center diff holder around so the motor sits on the other side and install the losi 8ight-e battery tray. in all the conversion cost about 35 dollars but it works just as well as the losi conversion (minus the losi battery tray but ill prob get it later). I will post pics when i get my camera working.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

sweet man, but did u mean 250 and 350? or 25 and 35, cause that would be just ridiculously low

Bigmooi
    sounds very cool. I heard the center diff is smaller of something on the buggy and that is why they say the kit is for buggy only I guess I will maybe pick one up for $25 to give it a try on my other 8ight T later on but I think I will leave on nitro for now. very good info to know. I really want to see your pics.

ill post pics once i get some with better lighting. the ones i have are way too dark.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmooi View Post
    sounds very cool. I heard the center diff is smaller of something on the buggy and that is why they say the kit is for buggy only I guess I will maybe pick one up for $25 to give it a try on my other 8ight T later on but I think I will leave on nitro for now. very good info to know. I really want to see your pics.
    how many teeth is the 8ight-t spur, the one that is in my buggy is 48 i think the only reason they say its made for the buggy and not the truggy is cause of the battery trays but if u get the losi one, u wont need the castle ones and trust me, u dont want the castle trays. lol. also the plastic on the castle trays seems extremly hard and brittle. i doubt it will hold up to hard racing and bashing.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT

Quote Originally Posted by erevofreak96 View Post
    sweet man, but did u mean 250 and 350? or 25 and 35, cause that would be just ridiculously low
    and i ment 25 and 35. thats not including the motor and speed control. dont have those yet.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT

MyLosiEatsYourTruck
    i had a 13 tooth castle pinion,,,destroyed it on a 48 spur n my 2.0 T with a mamba, ten put a 16 and wanted to c what 6s really did, well i found out, it destroyed my 16 losi pinion and my custom 48 spur, it was rediculous, id put it againts n e thing

Bigmooi
    Quote Originally Posted by andersonwal View Post
    how many teeth is the 8ight-t spur, the one that is in my buggy is 48 i think the only reason they say its made for the buggy and not the truggy is cause of the battery trays but if u get the losi one, u wont need the castle ones and trust me, u dont want the castle trays. lol. also the plastic on the castle trays seems extremly hard and brittle. i doubt it will hold up to hard racing and bashing.
    If I remember correctly it is 50 on the truggy and 48 on the buggy. From my research they say the Truggy will rub and wear away the plastic holder that holds the center diff. I really should get off my arse and put my conversion in but I think I should learn more about the truck by tearing it all down then re building it. I have the whole conversion sitting here but school is started and I have a lot of other projects that I should cover first. the only thing I am missing from my conversion is a 4 - 6s Lipo.

I may pick up one of the Castle conversions to have it around for a spare incase but I bought the Losi one already. but I do have 2 8ight Ts.

I finally got my losi battery tray in the mail (stupid snow up north delayed it for a week). I installed it last night and its a perfect fit. Also ive found a brushless system for it made by Kershaw Designs for $115. Thats less than what i paid for my Sidewinder sct system for my slash . Now i just need to get my tmaxx sold so i will have the money for it.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT

finally a pic

[IMG][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28137104@N02/5440448910/][/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28137104@N02/5440448910/]PIC-0056[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/28137104@N02/]andersonwal[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]

also the racing fleet

[IMG][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28137104@N02/5439845035/][/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/28137104@N02/5439845035/]PIC-0057[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/28137104@N02/]andersonwal[/url], on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by andersonwal; 02-13-2011 at 01:16 AM.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast