Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the Scale scene build

Cool New to the Scale scene build

Well this is my first scale truck. I have been looking into buying an Axial Dingo, found a Honcho roller on Used Naniamo instead. The truck came to me half painted, bare bones and a box with extra's(light buckets and odds and ends), just a rolling chassis.

So my learning how to build scale items started. I wanted to see how much I can make rather then buy it, some things need to be bought (winch, axe, jack and the shackles/hooks)

Nuff of the chatter, this is some of the stuff I came up with. Here we go
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1st pic is just the truck sitting almost stock, in the front bumper you will see a chain I had made from cutting paper clips and bending them into links(Tow chain kinda...lol) On the side you will see a breather that I had made from an extra piece of the plastic holder for the parts. I cut it and shaved it to resemble a breather then adding a light bucket filled with fuzzy velcro to the top for an extra bit of look. Added painted light buckets to the bumper and ta-da the front is almost done.

Next pic is the Lift plates I had made, to help lift it a bit, I had an issue with the Servo horn screw hitting the cross member under the batt hold down. I used a piece of steel plate shaped it then drilled it out to allow me to move the shocks around. Painted black and ta-da lift done. Sorry for the fuzzy pic, camera would not focus.

Now lets see the height to this PEPSI can ! (My wife forgot to buy more COKE)

awesome post thanks for sharing

more and more to come.....so lets get on with it.....lol

Lets see about some articulation now! UP UP on the can we go! Notice how all the tires still touch the ground, no body rub.
    With 3 1/2 ounces per tire I will have no issue with tires in the air to often, even if they do with the extra weight it should plant to the ground nicely.

You will see here I have placed the rear lights up under the cage for protection and because I like the look better. I made some mud flaps, buy taking the high body posts and melting a bit to shape them, I then took an extra set of flaps from my SC10 and shaved off the AE symbol and ta-da

Nicely done!! I like the intake stack you dont see that very often its very cool!

thank you for your comments, Alot of my stuff is all home made to save cost for other things I will need for this build.

Update on this build.....

Time to show you the extra's I have in place;
    *Wood pile (cut)
    *Coiled rope
    *Hanging extra links of chain
    *Bungee cords

To make these is very simple.
    * Wood pile - Cut a branch with a knife like a carrot(down the middle) then glue and tie with twine
    * Coiled rope - Twine rolled up then glued in the middle to always hold its shape
    * Hanging extra links - Cut the ends of a paper clip and bend into the link form. Then hand with Bungee
    * Bungee cord - Cut a hair elastic in half and wrap a paper clip around both ends and bend into a hook

On the other side is;
    * Sleeping bag - Cut and rolled up an old pair of x2 layer rain pants, then tie it of and glue the knot
    * Bed foamy - Cut up a wash scrubby to the right size, rolled, tied, glued the knot
    * Tarp - Cut up an old broken umbrella one of the kids used to use, folded, tied, glued knot
    * Bucket - HAHA I love this one....A car batt post cover with a paper clip melted into and bent to form the handle, I placed screws and a body clip into it, the add glue, using a bungee I hung it from the cage
    * Wooden tool box - Popsicle sticks cut and glued, using a cue tip i made the handle coated in insta-cure, then rub dirty oil from the bottom of my car on it to add effect

This tow strap is made from an old cadet belt we had kicking around, cut then 2 part apoxy then ends and wrapped with electrical tape. Tied up with another bungee and hung from the cage

More Updates......

Since there has been snow around here I decided to make some chains, only to have them not used now because of all the rainy weather we now have had

These are the smallest chains I could find around town(I kinda like the gold matches the paint), I just bent and bent some more to get then to fit perfect to these 1.9" Flat Iron tires.

Well that's it for now, now the question is......... " WHATS NEXT "

"Hmmmm, new bumpers, winch, tires, body, shovel, axe ...... then........ I don't know, buy a new one and start again"

Even more updates.....

Here's some new goodies for my truck
    I picked up some RC4WD M Tompson Baja Claws 1.9" compared to the stock Pro-line Flat Irons

New bumper is a RC4WD Tough Armor, I tried to get the Side bars and rear bumper but the shop had nothing until the order comes in

More to come as I get going on buying more things......

Nice work. You're obviously creative and you have good ideas.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

True scaler 8D you have an amazing imagination thinking of how to make all this its awesome!!!! I have to get an SCX10 after my RC8B which I almost have especially since I'm starting to make scale trailers...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast