Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOSI xxx-s makes its return

Kj0hns0n

LOSI xxx-s makes its return

Ok so this is starting point of my rebuild project. A rolling Losi XXX-s, I havenít driven onroad so a buddy gave me a good deal so I could give it a try. However for some reason I can never find satisfaction in an rc unless I have put some money and time into it. So thatís what I did with this one. This is the rtr version, so its all that plastic. First upgrade was to go graphite, so I went and bought a whole bunch of graphite stuff.

Put the new arms, towers and sway bars on, started out with thin in front and thick in back. I was told later this was backwards, so I switched it once I got home.

Kj0hns0n
    The vxl system I had was why to big and heavy to even try to put on this car, so I went out and bought a new system

Never had to solder my own wires to a esc before, but it came out ok

This was the nicest, cleanest way I could find to put the electronics for best results.

And finally the finished project, I didn’t rebuild the diffs as I was told the car was only driven a few times, and the guy who owned it took care of his stuff. I did however rebuild the shocks (much harder than I thought they would be, and messy) as I want to go lighter on the fluid. I went with 50 and 40 weight, had 60 in it before all the way around.

Kj0hns0n
    At this point I took it to the track to try it out, fyi, I am a total newb to onroad. I didn’t know camber meant so much, or all the little adjustments that can be done to improve cornering ability. So I had to real big issues. 1st I could not carry speed through a turn without my tail spinning out, over all very loose in corners. 2nd was my flipping, trying to keep up with my buddy, I would flip in the turns sometimes while he went faster straight through it.

After talking with one of the track employees, I discovered my newb but had the suspension messed up.
    Camber is good now

The front sway bar has also been replaced,
    Along with the rear.

Kj0hns0n
    And here are a few shots to leave you with

wow that probably took a lot of money but the finished product looks really nice!!! good job!

Kj0hns0n
    yeah, a bit over 500, lol. but know if i wanna switch chassis's i have all the electronics to do it.

wow this thing is sick, I love tekin stuff..you should upload those pictures to the kit build gallery too

Kj0hns0n
    i tried, but i never see the picture after it says done. i upload the pic from my computer, then click submit, wait for a few seconds and click done, but no photo shows up

5g5r5a5n5t5
    Man thats awesome. Protected belt? Thats cool

that is sexy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast