Thread: .21 GO GX5R Engine

Post .21 GO GX5R Engine

I bought this engine around christmas time nearly 2 years ago, I broke the engine in extra cautiously, what I mean by that is, when It said idle for 2 tanks, I let the engine idle for 3 and so on...

One of the things I noticed when I got the engine, it was extremely tight, so tight it would completely obliterate my starter box wheel and put loads of stress on the motors.

It took pre-heating for atleast 6 months to get it to start well, then it became easier.

The engine has had a good tune and held it for all of its life and is still running very very strong!

But that is what confuses me, the engine has had atleast 15 gallons through it, and still holds a perfect tune, and has lots of compression.

I'm not quite sure why this is, as most engine only last 10-15 gallons or so before they require a new piston & sleeve.

One thing to note is I don't exactly run it rich, it's god a perfect tune and sings very high at full throttle.

Watch this video to show the tune of this engine.

If you are considering buying this engine, do not hesitate, it has been a dream! holds a tune, no airleaks, it looks awesome with the orange and black colour scheme and delivered an enormous amount of torque for a .21 sized engine.

If you have this engine, are you experiencing the same as me where the engine is lasting a very long time.

If not, then I think you could almost put it down to having those extra tanks at break in, just going easy on the engine for a gallon or so. then you can start opening it up

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8etazlhY1lk]YouTube - ‪PERFECT TUNING - BREAKING PARTS - DIFF SHREDDED - NITRO PLANE REV - HD‬‏[/url]

Thanks
    Caster Racing EX1.5
    T8 1900kv & Castle Speed Control on 4s
    Diggity Designs CF Upper Deck
    VP Pro & Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC1258 Titanium Geared

HotBodies Truggy & Ho Bao Hyper 7
    GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%
    Ofna - Proline - VP Pro - Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC125/78 Titanium Geared

Thanks to: Caster Racing USA - Team Tekin - Byron Fuels - VP Pro - Savox

RCRacing88.eu5.org / Youtube.com/RCRacing88
    Nene Valley Raceway

Yes Go engines are very nice. I have a chance to run for GO and im ganna try the new gxII. Engines run string and long. Very good and cost efficent engines.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

Go makes great engines. I actually have a chance to race for them and im thinking on taking it. The new GxII is a fireball of a engine. Best of all go is reliable, budget friendly and a lasting engine.
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |