Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What truck to get!?!?

Question What truck to get!?!?

Hi everybody,

I'm thinking of getting a new rc and I'm thinking about a Monster truck, but there's so many to choose from so what is the best one for bashing? Im thinking the stampede 4x4, savage xs, the 1/16 summit/revo maybe a savage xl but I think THIER out of my price range.my price range is from free :P to 400. and at the moment I have a 2wd slash, micro losi sct and a model engines nitro ford falcon

thanks for any replys guys haha that rhymes
    oh and it has to be able to take some serious beatings also if it's electric it has to be brushless

Stampede 4x4 and slash 4x4 can take a beating, the first part the break on my slash 4x4 was the esc lol. I suggest the 1/16 e revo or the stampede 4x4 those are the most badger oriented cars.

Merv isn't a mt really but it's stupid fast and can take a beating. If ur into the minis wait until the savage xs comes out read the reviews and then decide.

But if ur impacient like me I suggest the merv

haha yeah I just feel the need for a purebred basher that's fast and is easy to take around the place (the slash isnt the smallest thing in the world lol (but it's not huge)

I'm pretty patient though and I was thinking about the xs and I think it's about $300 on tower hobbies so I might get the xs

I would sat savage flux, or hpi family mt. The stampedes have short wheel base and tend to flip easy
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

owen221
    I'm thinking about getting a second RC car. right now I have a 1/16 e-revo VXL with a ton of upgrades. I want to try nitro but i don't know which to get.
    Do you guys have any first nitro RC to recommend

thanks,
    Owen

Also you can try the brushed emaxx and upgrade it brushless later.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

Quote Originally Posted by T1MBO95 View Post
    Hi everybody,

I'm thinking of getting a new rc and I'm thinking about a Monster truck, but there's so many to choose from so what is the best one for bashing? Im thinking the stampede 4x4, savage xs, the 1/16 summit/revo maybe a savage xl but I think THIER out of my price range.my price range is from free :P to 400. and at the moment I have a 2wd slash, micro losi sct and a model engines nitro ford falcon

thanks for any replys guys haha that rhymes
    oh and it has to be able to take some serious beatings also if it's electric it has to be brushless
    if u have the patience, wait for the XS to come out and look out for reviews, lots of guys on youtube do reviews.

i know the XS is gonna be tough, cause tis pretty much a savage flux in small form(literally.. with the TVP chassis and stuff)

Quote Originally Posted by owen221 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a second RC car. right now I have a 1/16 e-revo VXL with a ton of upgrades. I want to try nitro but i don't know which to get.
    Do you guys have any first nitro RC to recommend

thanks,
    Owen
    for nitro, one tip i always suggest is never buy used and stay away from traxxas engines
    the 2.5r traxxas made was the last half decent engine, the 3.3 was just plain bad.

if you want something onroad, the nitro rs4 is a great onroad beginner and more intermediate level platform

for offroad, look at the rc10gt2 for 2wd. its pretty much a beast on wheels

if you want something 4x4, the price range moves up quite a bit
    but for 4x4, your getting into 8th scale
    for buggies.. really anything will do, its 80% driver 20% car, and 8th scale buggies are 99% all based off the same design and everyone single one on the market has the ability to win a race, this also goes for truggies

monster trucks, id prefer a losi lst2, but that's me, the weak point is the diffs, but every car has a weak point. the savage is a great car, along with the ae mgt

i would def wait for the savage xs.
    also i would also stay away the 1/16 traxxas series, because i hear its more hard to work.

if you want a monster truck, i think that its either a stampede 4x4 or waiting for the savage xs.

Traxxas will kill hpi so get a traxxas no matter which traxxas it is you will be happy with it

emaxx is to expensive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast