Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEWB needs help, Please Please I am 31 yrs old and am serious about getting into this

NEWB needs help, Please Please I am 31 yrs old and am serious about getting into this

I have never owned an RC car, well maybe through my twin boys who I bought Walmart specials for. They are junk I have taken each one apart 2 or 3 times re-soldering etc. You and Brandon have convinced me to get them Helion Animus(s) starter cars.

I am looking for something myself and was trying to get your take on the Duratrax Evader vs. the Stampede both Brushless.

Wondering about size I do like the size of the 1/16(18) sorry slash or summit, I think the mini E revo looks neat but am afraid of its speed and it looks unstable.

I will be running factory (except the steering servo and shocks and the "nerf bars or bumpers" (the parts you seem to always suggest upgrading) I am not a speed junky, dont care about ramps but will take advantage of what nature has setup.

I was wondering about batteries as well I have watched the videos but was wondering about brands and size are their any usefull size and or dimension tables out for the public to cross reference the different trucks and cars battery compartments or holders???

Thank you for taking the time.

honestly the 1/16 scale is not much of the nature(off-road) rc trucks. id recommend 1/10 or bigger. ive been recently looking for a durable rc car i can just play around with pretty rough, try looking into Electrix(ECX) they have pretty good reviews and from those reviews i heard they are very durable and perfect for beginners. plus they are about half the price. hope this helps
    Thats what she said.

my friend has the ecx torment and hasnt broken anything major yet!
    but i would recamend the traxxas mini e-revo because they really never break even in stock form
    they do bounce around a little bit because of there size and weight but they really never break and they can do wheelies to and i dont know about you but i think that that is pretty fun

the only downside of the mini e-revo is that its limited to driving fairly flat surfaces. mine only goes on asphalt, dirt, and rarely gravel and grass.
    Thats what she said.

As for batterys. Gens Ace series is really good. I have 3x 2c 40c 5000mah Lipos. Its a standard size so it should fit into every 10th scale and 8th scale vehicle. It has 40c which can supply power to just about every Brushless system including 8th scale brushless systems. Never had a serious problem that couldnt be fixed by hobbypartz. There cheap too and the quality is ok for the price your paying.
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-40c-5000-2s1p-hardcase-direct.html

Lipos are a great upgrade to do cause they offer allot of run time and loads of power. But they also need a special charger. The Thunder Dual Power Ac6 can charge up to 5amps, 1-6s lipo, and can charge just about every battery of every voltage. Comes with all the cables and a power supply built right in and a heat probe to monitor the temp of the battery and or charger. Another nice feature is it is PC compatible allowing you to see the progress of your current battery. All for another really cheap price of 44$ compared to other chargers that can top over 100$+ which is more for serious racers.
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html
    Last edited by megarallycar; 06-29-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBWTWINS1 View Post
    I have never owned an RC car, well maybe through my twin boys who I bought Walmart specials for. They are junk I have taken each one apart 2 or 3 times re-soldering etc. You and Brandon have convinced me to get them Helion Animus(s) starter cars.

I am looking for something myself and was trying to get your take on the Duratrax Evader vs. the Stampede both Brushless.

Wondering about size I do like the size of the 1/16(18) sorry slash or summit, I think the mini E revo looks neat but am afraid of its speed and it looks unstable.

I will be running factory (except the steering servo and shocks and the "nerf bars or bumpers" (the parts you seem to always suggest upgrading) I am not a speed junky, dont care about ramps but will take advantage of what nature has setup.

I was wondering about batteries as well I have watched the videos but was wondering about brands and size are their any usefull size and or dimension tables out for the public to cross reference the different trucks and cars battery compartments or holders???

Thank you for taking the time.
    As for the mini erevo I have 3 it's well worth it. The vxl isn't that fast stock. And it's very stable. I would recommend it. Its pretty simple it rebuild it to.

Quote Originally Posted by fkn_smurf View Post
    honestly the 1/16 scale is not much of the nature(off-road) rc trucks. id recommend 1/10 or bigger. ive been recently looking for a durable rc car i can just play around with pretty rough, try looking into Electrix(ECX) they have pretty good reviews and from those reviews i heard they are very durable and perfect for beginners. plus they are about half the price. hope this helps
    IMO the merv can go anywhere my 1/10 e revo can go. And it's funner to drive

Seriously? Youre 31. Get a real hobby and stop playing with kids toys. At least get a job.

Dude i am 41 and just got back into the hobby. I have bought the stampede 4x4 and the 2x4. I am totally satisfied with both of them. The 4x4 is so versatile. Hope this helps

Sent from not a iphone

I would say depends on what you are gonna do with them, if you even think you are gonna take the cars to the track, get the Evader but on the same token, if you want to race, look up the Team associated T4.1 Brushless. It's close to the evader in price and handles MUCH better and can be raced pretty well on the stock setup. If you are just gonna bash, then get the stampede because the higher ground clearance will make it much better on loose dirt and grass.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast