Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbe looking for suggestion, redcat vs. Hsp

Newbe looking for suggestion, redcat vs. Hsp

So I have been looking around and the time has come to get something to play around with. My friend recently bought a redcat (forget the model) but it seems pretty nice and was ready to go. Now that I have been reading up abit I think I want to get a brushless motor and a lipo battery. Now redcat cars come with the dual lipos where as the Hsp come with a signal lipo, so which one should I go with. Any suggestions?

dont get the hsp
    hsp is a chinese brand and is very cheap
    redcat is cheap to but they are getting better and are a better deal
    the lipos in the redcats are cheap but they will do to get it started until you can get another battery

If I am not mistaken I think redact is Chinese also. I would look at Traxxas. There support is good and parts are easy to come by. Later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ya redcat is chinese also but there based in the u.s. so you can rely on them more than hsp

Get a single battery, 4x4, brushless. Lots of em ou there. Traxxas slash 4x4, traxxas stampede 4x4. I would recommend both. Always get a single battery rc car cause they cost less and if u need lipo, you won't need to buy 2 of them.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

Be careful with "water proof" stuff. ESP the reciever boxes on the traxxas vehicles.

The receiver box has got to be the most waterproof thing on the truck. Never EVER had an issue with it. Even with the rubber seal strethed out and f'd up, works perfect.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

Yes traxxas receiver box good. Once i got my wiring in it, i put a dab of vasoline before installing small cover.

Sent from not a iphone

ya same here.
    I dont ever really run in water and I have the TQi system in my bandit, i was wondering if the receiver would be safe from dirt, leaves, grass, small rocks/pebbles if I didnt use the top cover ever but then put it back on when snow falls.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Helion Animus brushless

I've run my mini summit without the cover a bunch. When I only had 1 reciever I just Velcrod it iin. Without the box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast