Thread: PLEASE help with first rc car/ truck purchase!

PLEASE help with first rc car/ truck purchase!

I'm looking into getting into the rc cars and I'm really liking the Hpi stuff. For the most part I will just be bashing in low grass, some pavement and on the beach. At first i was pretty dead set on the HPI Firestorm Flux but now the HPI Savage Xs has caught my eye. Any advice on which one would be better suited for what I want to do? Or suggestions for a totally different machine would be fine too...Really need some advice on what to get, I'm ready to pull the trigger. Also, I'd love to stay around the $300 range. I want to buy a motor ESC on rcecho. Really hate to put any more than that into my first purchase.

well if you are gonna get the firestorm then dont get that, get the traxxas rustler vxl. But the savage x is fine
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

The firestor is a good truck. I personally like it more than the rustler because it is closer to a race kit but is still really tough so you can easily race the e-firestorm. You should also check out the Team Associated SC10 Brushless RTR. Those are really good out of the box.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

My favorite is the Savage, but it mainly just depends on your expectations and your preferences. I think you will be fine with any of these for what your looking for though. Let us know what you decide.
    RC Trucks

Off the HPI stuff. I hate the look of that Savage. The Stampede 2wd VXL is the way to go. Run a 3S and your good to go. The motor doesn't overheat and you stay between $300-$400.

Please don't go 2wd that was my mistake when I first started go 4x4

Erevo vxl would be great

get the savage
    the savage just looks better in my opinion and it is more durable

Quote Originally Posted by waterkiss View Post
    I'm looking into getting into the rc cars and I'm really liking the Hpi stuff. For the most part I will just be bashing in low grass, some pavement and on the beach. At first i was pretty dead set on the HPI Firestorm Flux but now the HPI Savage Xs has caught my eye. Any advice on which one would be better suited for what I want to do? Or suggestions for a totally different machine would be fine too...Really need some advice on what to get, I'm ready to pull the trigger. Also, I'd love to stay around the $300 range. I want to buy a motor ESC on rcecho. Really hate to put any more than that into my first purchase.
    The best basher I ever had was a Savage.The Savage XS Flux RTR Micro Monster Truck. Its is the World's Fastest Mini Monster Truck that packs in everything you know and love about the neck snapping, standing back flip Savage Flux, only in a smaller package. That thing do wheelies, slam head on into curbs, rocks, fences and keep on going.