Thread: Traxxas Spartan for shark fishing

Traxxas Spartan for shark fishing

I do alot of shark fishing from the beach along the florida gulf coast and am looking to the possibility of using an rc boat for bait deployment. Range and run time would be key issues. I've been looking at the Traxxas Spartan as it's got the longest range that i've seen so far (1200 ft) but only a 10 minute run time. I'm a complete novice at rc boating so please forgive any dumb questions (but I learn fast). I need the boat to tow a 5 lb fish out to its range limit and make it back to the beach, sometimes cutting through 3-4 ft waves depending on the conditions and surfing back to the beach. I'll just start with that - is this the boat I should be looking at or can you suggest something that might fit the bill better? I really appreciate any responses and serious advice you all might want to give me. Thanks in advance. Dave

Its a really nice idea that catching the fishes with the help of the rc boat rather than the net or anything else.And the Traxxas Spartan is a High Performance Race Boat and perfect for the fishing.Its length is Length: 41& and it includes two 7-Cell Battery Packs.

Regards.
    Andy.

the range could get better if you get a spektrum remote and receicer because they are better than the traxxas 2.4 systems. The spartan is a wicked fast boat and has some real nice power so you should be able to tow a 5lb fish with it, but the waves thing might be and issue. The first replacement to the spartan that I could think of would be the ProBoat Miss Geico or the Aquacraft Motley Crew because they are cateraman style hulls so they will be alot more stable than the spartan (deep-V hull) with waves like that.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless