Thread: ? 4 Jeremy

? 4 Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, I've seen your unboxing of the Traxxas Blast and you said that you hoped that they didn't make any speed ratings for it. You said that you were going to use is for a retrevial boat. And so I was just woundering if you have used is yet and I you have, then how fast would you rate the Blast speed wise???

still winter here, won't likely run for another month

I just purchased the Blast about a month ago. First boat I have owned. Its pretty slow. I mean don't get me wrong it is definitely cool controlling something on water and seems faster on water than something on land. I ran it once and it was pretty cool just got bored after about two minutes. I then came back and used a 2s lipo (use at your own risk as it does not have a lipo cut-off) which made it alot faster and more responsive. Looking back I probably would not have purchased it for myself. For a small kid yes it would be perfect. I think I paid 150.00 at the hobby store. I think for 50-75 bucks more you could get a pro-boat brushless around the same size and that would have been alot better. I would say top speed was around 15 with the nimh. MAYBE, 20-25 with the lipo. Overall a good boat for a younger kid, but if you are looking to get into boating go the next step up cause you will want to upgrade it after the first run lol. My only complaints is to slow and basic and the battery is a super tight fit, even the stock one. Sorry for being long winded.

No no no, I don't want to buy a blast. I'm gonna get the Spartan. It looks awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    No no no, I don't want to buy a blast. I'm gonna get the Spartan. It looks awesome!
    Do yourself a favor, and save a couple bucks for upgrades in the process. Forget the Spartan, and take a look at the ProBoat Impulse 31 if you want a mono. Or the AC Motley Crew for a cat hull. These boats were designed by Pro boaters and are just a better entry level to intermediate boat.
    Every time I think I'm out.........They pull me back in.

The impulse 31 looks just like the spartan but I like the spartan
    More cause it looks like it'll go faster.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Well how fast can the impulse 31 go?
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Jeremy, have you ran the blast now?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
    Do yourself a favor, and save a couple bucks for upgrades in the process. Forget the Spartan, and take a look at the ProBoat Impulse 31 if you want a mono. Or the AC Motley Crew for a cat hull. These boats were designed by Pro boaters and are just a better entry level to intermediate boat.
    What about the proboat miss Geico?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL