Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help choosing a new radio for my Slash 4x4

Help choosing a new radio for my Slash 4x4

Hey guys. So part of the case on my TQI broke today and I need to get a new radio. It wasn't my fault the TQI broke and I was really upset because I had gotten new stuff the night before and hadn't even driven my Slash yet. My parents said they would get me a new one and I really hope they pay for some of it because I buy all of my RC stuff with the money I make. Anyway I'm not sure what radio I want to get. I don't really want to replace my TQI because I have always had problems with it since day one. I'm thinking the Spektrum DX3S but I'm not quite sure and I heard it has range issues. I need some help fast because AMainHobbies has a special on the DX3S and I need to know if it's good so I can pick it up!
    Last edited by TraxxasAllOut; 12-16-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Not very detailed in the beginning. I'm talking about my Slash 4x4.

UPDATE: I edited the post and I might have a picture posted. If anyone is wondering how it happened this is the story. We have an elliptical machine in our garage and I had my Slash and my cousins Slash by it. (Two of my cousins came over. One of them owns the Slash i was working on) We were having a family get together so I thought we would be driving them. (I was doing work on my cousins Slash that's why I had it and not him) My TQI was under the part of the elliptical that moves. We were pumping up a football in the garage and my other cousin got on the elliptical. I was like "DON'T MOVE IT"...
    All of a sudden I see the remote buckle, and hear a loud SNAP. I couldn't get the words out fast enough for him not to move it. It really sucks and I so upset but my parents said they will buy me a new one. I'm not mad at him because he didn't know and I didn't know anyone was going to get on the elliptical. There are also more important things in life than a transmitter.

I love my DX3s and I have never had any issues with range....

I also hear the Futaba FHSS is a nice remote, same kind of features as the DX3s: http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/futk1400.html

Look at the FlySky FS GT3B. Really good quality for the price and the receivers are about half as much as the Spektrum ones, but I would go with the spektrum remote over the flysky except for the fact that the flysky is a ton cheaper. so if i had the cash, id go with the spektrum
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Ok thanks! I think I'm getting the Spektrum. I will have a Backslash 4x4 update when I get it. Thanks guys!

I love my DX3S, it's so easy to use and make any adjustments. I can't stand the Traxxas 2.4 radios, I hate the "menu tree" and having to follow the blinking lights. Plus you can get them for around $150-$200 on ebay, look at the chop shops.

i got a $40 futaba am radio and it came with a radio reciever and servo

I've decided not to get the DX3S. Yes, I have used one and I have to admit that is one of the greatest feeling radio out there (IMO) but I just don't see full value for what I will pay. I've decided on the Tactic TTX240 and I think that will do just fine. I will then install my old TQI into my Rustler because I took the 2.4ghz out of my Rustler and put it into my MERV. Once I order and recieve the Tactic all of my cars would have 2.4ghz!

I've changed my mid again! I'm thinking the Airtronics MX-Sport. I'm not set on that but that's what I'm thinking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast