Thread: Help!!

Help!!

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this hobby, and I'm really interested in buying a truck. But I know nothing and have tons of questions so maybe you guys can point me in the right direction please. I'm wanting to get a truck, but one I can put a lift and bigger tires and lots of mods to it. I would also like it to be 4x4. I live in the country and would like to take it out where I live. And if possible I would like to put it together my self. So what do I want? And where do I even look? And what kind of truck I buy will I need to get the mods from them? I have seen people have like an old school Chevy or jeep for the body style, where do you even buy that? And last but not least, I think I would like it to b electric. Ok thanks for looking and any help would be great
    Nate

either get the clodbuster or the stampede

Traxxas Stampede 4x4, Traxxas Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 are all good choices. Not a monster tuck, but take a look at the Traxxas Slash Ultimate also.
    HPI WR8 Flux
    Grave Digger 30th
    Tamiya Lunch Box sold
    Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate sold
    Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 sold
    Hoboa/Ofna Hyper 10tte sold
    Axial Exo Terra sold

go to towerhobbies.com, what are you looking for?

do you want Monster truck, scale truck, speed truck or something to bash around?

are you going to be into... jumping, speed runs, slower scale crawling, scale trailing?
    whats your price range?

there are so many options for a "4x4 truck" it would be hard to help steer you into a direction. Look online for what you might want then ask about it or them, also check out some you tube vids about what others have done and what they think about it.

I own a Revo 3.3, slayer 3.3, scx10 for 4x4 and have nothing bad to say about them.

E-revo, stampede, slash and summit are great 4x4 choices

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Bri View Post
    Traxxas Stampede 4x4, Traxxas Summit, Thunder Tiger MT4-G3 are all good choices. Not a monster tuck, but take a look at the Traxxas Slash Ultimate also.
    the stampede is a monstertruck

Probably the Stampede 4x4. If your new, I'd say don't start with a kit. It took me about 4 months to fully learn how to take my cars apart. I've been into RC since July of 2011 (when I got my first rc) and I think I'm just now ready for a kit.

ok, you should really check out the traxxas stampede 4x4 vxl. as for a cool body: 1972 chevy C-10 body, http://prolineracing.com/bodies/1972-chevy-c-10-stampede-clear-body/
    and an early 50's chevy body, http://prolineracing.com/bodies/1972-chevy-c-10-stampede-clear-body/
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

The traxxas stampede 4x4 is a great truck to start with. Stay away from lipo batteries until you are more experienced with the truck.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasAllOut View Post
    Probably the Stampede 4x4. If your new, I'd say don't start with a kit. It took me about 4 months to fully learn how to take my cars apart. I've been into RC since July of 2011 (when I got my first rc) and I think I'm just now ready for a kit.
    my first car was a kit

I want a kit, any really as long as its not old and is fairly easy to put together... like the wraith
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler