Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandit to Rustler conversion

I haven't heard anything bad about RCScrewz. The MIP's (IMO) are the way to go. If you're running on Lipo, they will twist sooooo easily. They twisted on my Backslash and I run NiMH! That's why I got MIP's for the Backslash.

Do a google search about RCScrewz vs Tony's Screws, you'll see many people talking about RCScrewz stripping out. Tony's uses a higher quality steel, I believe it's a 12.9 alloy steel....whatever it is, it's stronger than the other ones out there. The Lusford are expensive because they're worth it, they are also guaranteed for life, against breaking or bending.
    Last edited by SchrodeMode; 12-29-2012 at 01:07 AM.

I picked up a set of Tony's screws for my 4x4 stampede. You can feel the difference. Very nice hardware. I was finding out that my stainless hardware was bending when I was doing maintenance to my truck. Ss won't rust but it sure will bend. Tony is a good guy to deal with also. In my stampede manual it called for some 3mmx15 cc screws but there were none in his kit, but there were some other ones in there to make up for this. I sent him email explaining my issue and he offered me additional 3x14 or 3x16 screws to make up for it. I took him up on the offer. Definently get Tony's s screws. You won't be sorry.:thumbup:

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, thanks, i will look into tonys screws. I also heard about the rcscrews stripping but darkeclipticheart on youtube hasnt said anything bad about them.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

I guess you might be right about Tony's Screws. I just hadn't heard about a bad set of RCScrewz. I did some research and I think you're right about them stripping.

I try to pass on what I've picked up with my experience, I may be a "noob'" on this forum, but I've been around for a while. I know I don't know everything, but if I'm unsure about something I'll be sure to tell people. I just hate seeing people waste their money on stuff they don't need, or a crappy version of something they do need. We don't even stock RC Screwz in my shop, they strip and bend too easily. I believe Tony's screws are actually cheaper as well.

Tony's Screws are a couple dollars cheaper. RCScrewz are soooooo intriguing though because they have a nice plastic case and are pretty popular.

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasAllOut View Post
    Tony's Screws are a couple dollars cheaper. RCScrewz are soooooo intriguing though because they have a nice plastic case and are pretty popular.
    You can pick up some parts containers at your local hardware store. On the cheap to. Give tony a try. When you have them in your hand then you will see the difference!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

I don't need screws we were just having a discussion about Tony's Screws vs RCScrewZ.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12