Thread: Traxxas Rustler VXL Custom Body

Traxxas Rustler VXL Custom Body

So I really needed a new body for my Rustler. I mean the whole back of the body ripped off. So for Christmas I asked for and got the Jconcepts Ford Raptor SVT Body for the Rustler. I love Ford and love the look of this body. It feels pretty thick and I can't wait to run it. I used Pactra Metallic Blue, Indy Silver, and Outlaw Black. I painted Metallic Blue, then backed it with Indy Silver and painted the Gascap Silver. Then I painted the other parts Black and backed the rest of the body with black. here is how it turned out:

Here is the body with my red LED's on.

Hope you liked the body! If you want more pictures, an Rustler update thread, how i did the LED's, different angles of the body, or any help just tell me! Don't be afraid to ask me anything.

Any questions, comments, or request just post on down below or send me a message.

That looks really cool! I love the ford raptor tucks, but i thought the jconcepts raptor body looked kinda silly. but you totally changed my perspective of it! thats a really good paint job you did there, the shiny blue looks real good. so either the bulldog body or the raptor body. i just dont know what design to paint on it.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Thanks! I look at the parts that I think would be cool to mask. For this I used Parma 10mm and 6mm masking tape.

Ok, that makes sense.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

I love that blue what brand and what's the name of that blue because I built a ext stampede with blue rem cassis shock towers and skid plates blue rpm arms blue hot Racing cvd and tranny and that blue matches perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Feed the pede

thats a cool pede man
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Sweet looking paint job. You really did a excellent job!

Sent from Oser world

Thanks guys! Chris foster the blue that I used is Pactra Metallic Blue backed with Pactra Indy Silver.