Thread: New to brushless motors

New to brushless motors

New to brushless motors

So i have the rustler xl-5 , wanting to go to brushless, i have seen SOOO many different set ups, i am not trying to go a 1000 mph like some of these people, but i do want great stabliity and speed. I have been told that the Velineon is the way to go, but i kinda like the castle mamba monster(and i really dont know why,lol) but i heard its not waterproof like the velineon. and i have seen alot of different config. for the spur/ gears and i dont know what i really need.

also i keep hearing about alluminum transmission housing, is it better then plastic., i have up graded alot of the rustler already to get ready for the brushless.........any advice would be awesome..... thanks

if you even want to know you are a f****** stalker
    the mamba esc is not water proof, the m.m.2 is but all motors are water proof, but i would definately choose castle
    Last edited by traxxaslova; 03-17-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by traxxaslova View Post
    the mamba esc is water proof, but all motors are water proof, but i would definately choose velenion
    not every mamba esc is waterproof. only the mamba monster 2 and the sidewinder sv3 are waterproof.

go with the velineon brushless combo... its got a lot of speed for when you want speed, a ton of torque for when you need it and you need to do 0 maintenance on it. plus there is a trade in thing at your lhs with traxxas motor and esc combos so you trade in your xl5 esc and motor, doesnt matter if the motor is burnt out. just get the velineon, you will be more happy in the long run
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

the mamba esc is water proof, but all motors are water proof, but i would definately choose velenion
    The Mamba Monster system IS NOT WATERPROOF. The Mamba Monster 2 system IS WATERPROOF but the fan is not. You can swap the MM2 fan with the velineon fan though. And not all motors are waterproof. Most brushed motors are waterproof but some brushless motor break down in water.

hi maby someone can help me reply asap i am desideing for my stampeed if i shuld get a Tacon 2858-380XL-15T Brushless Motor 1900KV or a Castle Creations Sidewinder combo respond on sight plz if you have an opinion

hi maby someone can help me reply asap i am desideing for my stampeed if i shuld get a Tacon 2858-380XL-15T Brushless Motor 1900KV or a Castle Creations Sidewinder combo respond on sight plz if you have an opinion
    Castle, get the castle, im not saying that tacon is bad, but get castle
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

i cant find a castle creations waterproof esc in 1/10 scale only 1/8 so i might get a hobbywing ez run 120a waterproof esc w/ programming card and a castle motor
    Last edited by traxxaslova; 03-17-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasAllOut View Post
    The Mamba Monster system IS NOT WATERPROOF. The Mamba Monster 2 system IS WATERPROOF but the fan is not. You can swap the MM2 fan with the velineon fan though. And not all motors are waterproof. Most brushed motors are waterproof but some brushless motor break down in water.
    ya every single brushless motor being sold today is waterproof and i am shure it will stay that way
    How many r/c's do i have?
    1 Stampede Monster Mutt edition
    Empty spaces = none YET!

Brushless motors mean longer motor life, more power and more run-time ... more strength.Having the brushless motors is a great fun in real and its a best option for spending the spare time.

Regards.
    Andy.