Thread: Losi MRC Pro Battery Help

Losi MRC Pro Battery Help

So I'm thinking of getting an MRC Pro this Sunday. I need help choosing a battery though. I can't run Lipo (I don't trust myself enough and I'm afraid it will blow up) so I'm going to run Nimh. I was looking at the Losi and Dynamite MRC packs and then I started looking at plane Nimh's. These are cheaper than the Losi and some of them have more mah than the losi. So could I run a plane battery on the stock MRC ESC? I'm starting off with that ESC becuase it's my first crawler and I have about $180 to spend on electronics.

I'd go lipo man, they aren't as bad as the internet makes them look. Get a good charger and a lipo pouch, I use an ammo can for charging mine. As long as you don't over charge/discharge or damage the pack, they're fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I didn't get the Pro today but I got to drive a Nightcrawler. I'm thinking the RTR Losi MRC would be ok for me to start off with. I have a Venom Pro Charger but I'm just not ready to go Lipo. I've used the before but I'm only 13 so I don't feel prepared.