Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By andersonwal

Thread: merv slipper

merv slipper

i typically run all my slipper really tight, but i have noticed that with the slipper tight on the merv the rear diff ring and pinion slips. should i 1. shim the diff or 2. loosen the slipper?
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

MyLosiEatsYourTruck
    merv has no center diff rite>???? which means fronts an rears spin excactly he same, are you wheelieing up every time when it does this??? i am a run slippers tite guy my self, id shim the rear if possible, are you runnin cvds???? i got a mini summit and it has cvds n the back cause the halfshafts always break on them, i need to get some for the front but im just gonna sell it, if your runnin half shafts check the tips also where the pins and joints are, if your trucks angles are funny they rub in the a arms at the top and bottom, traxxas should have spent a lil more time designing such a popular little truck imo

They make center diff for the merv/mini slash/rally/mini summit i would look into it.

[url=http://www.rcboca.com/center-differential-kit-1-16-slash-e-revo.html]TRA7014 Traxxas Differential Kit (Center): 1/16 Slash, E-Revo*:*RC Boca Hobbies[/url]
    erevofreak96 likes this.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

ok thanks ill look into that some moer
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

MyLosiEatsYourTruck
    my slash 4x4 has a center diff i put in it and my platinum revo does to, i hate them, front wheels fan out and less wheelies

RCN Staffer
    Center diff's are generally for track use but have their advantages for bashing as well. They do act as their own "slipper clutch" transferring torque or a shock load from the front axles to the rear. Unfortunately you do lose the "true" AWD if you run them. I also have the center diff in my slash 4x4 but with 500k fluid I barely notice the torque transfer.

To answer the OP: Yes always shim diffs properly (check the gear mesh). And try loosing the slipper an "hour on the clock" at a time. If it's old rebuild it.

mylosieatsyourtruck i know what you mean i had one in my slash 4x4 and it does take away from the fun of the wheelies. but the e revo is going through the diff gears like crazy and its really hard to controll with that much crazy power. so i think i might get it just for the simple fact a new set of gears is 12$ diff is 20$ and ive been through 3 sets of gears

i think im gonna end up getting the center diff, cause that flippin ring and pinion is a PAIN IN THE A$$ to replace

get the center diff, you can change the oil in it and still do flips and wheelies, i had one in my merv till i sold the truck
    i ran the slipper once in my slash becouse the diff houseing melted, and hated it
    you can tune the diffs front center rear to get the effects you want