Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Losi mini eight

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    and is there anything els that you want to get for the mini???
    Actually rcman there is one more thing. I just left my local hobby town. The owner asked if I had sway bar kit for it. I said not yet, but I do now. The m8 racing class on Sunday is becoming the most popular. The guys who have them are asking other racers to get m8. Its so fun to watch the m8s race. He also informed me that one of the m8 racers would bring my m8 home and set it up for racing. Not sure if I am going to race it Sunday as my steering is all over the place. Need to investigate this problem. I also think they are running foam tires for racing. Looks like that will be my next purchase.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Picked up another hitec servo in case mine was faulty. Just got done testing it with existing servo. Its steering fine now. Sure wish there was some way to fix the play in the front left wheel?

In the process of swapping out to the carbon chassis and possibly trying out one of the castle motors.

This is the new 0808 castle 4100kv. I will try this motor first. This chassis swap is going smooth. Every thing is lining up perfectly.

Going on a recon mission to the hobby town parking lot race today at 2:00. Obviously I won't be racing my M8, but I will try and get set-up info from the other M8 racers. I am especially curious as to what tire combo they are running. The parking lot is either concrete or pavement. I can't remember. Ok I am trying to prepare myself to go sit back down and continue the build. The only problem is this bed is so comfortable. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Sent from Oser world

Does anyone have any input to how they think this small four pole motor will perform. I will be using the mamba micro pro ESC. There is a huge size difference between the traxxas 380 and the 0808 castle motor. Please feel free to post your thoughts. I should be able to run the new system later this afternoon. Just need to pick up a traxxas male connector for the ESC. If your opinions are correct you will receive a smiley face. Good luck!

I have a toro micro 4 pole motor in my animus. the 4 pole is nice, but i would prefer the 2 pole because i have stripped 6 sper gears with it, and the mesh is set fine. It is also really torque, obviously. otherwise its basicly like the 2 pole motors
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    I have a toro micro 4 pole motor in my animus. the 4 pole is nice, but i would prefer the 2 pole because i have stripped 6 sper gears with it, and the mesh is set fine. It is also really torque, obviously. otherwise its basicly like the 2 pole motors
    Really great point rcman. Never even considered how the torque could effect the spur gear. Thanks for your input. Can't wait to find out for myself. Got several extra spur gears. Let the stripping begin!😜

Sent from Oser world

Its coming along nice. Only stripped one screw in the diff case.

Wow! It's quick. 4100/mamba micro pro. I am running the stock tires. I was using 2.2's. I should probably put those on for a better comparison. I really like the fine tuning option of castle link. I also noticed far less cogging. When I get bored I will stick the 5300kv motor in😁. Anyhoo, the doubts I was having about the size of the new castle 0808 motor has been false. This motor rocks!!!

Sent from Oser world

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast