Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Losi mini eight

Thanks guys. Having a lot of fun with this RC. Would love to have the real 8ight!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Well I wasent expecting a max speed of 43mph, but that's what the phone shows. I was using a losi 3s 20c lipo. New velunion motor ESC. My boss said let me put my phone in it. He is so silly, he wasent even going to tape it down lol.sorry the pic is upside down. Look at top of picture for speed.

That's fast for that mini! You could hit 50 (like traxxas claims) if you change up your gearing but I think that's plenty fast for that car.

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasAllOut View Post
    That's fast for that mini! You could hit 50 (like traxxas claims) if you change up your gearing but I think that's plenty fast for that car.
    Thanks man. I was stoked! I did buy a spur gear pack with three different spurs. I am satisfied though with that speed. Ya right lol. I am also enjoying jumping it. It's my best jumping RC. Just blip throttle on ramp and it flys. It also has great in air control. Need to work on shocks though. It wants to flip over after landing some times. Not sure how to tune the shocks to prevent that. My landings were on grass to prevent scratching up the skid. Had to avoid the poop!

Sent from Oser world

yep, poop stinks :P
    what is the app that you used for the max speed?
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

Cool! Not really sure why it would be flipping. Traction rolling maybe? I've heard the Mini 8ight doesn't flip.

I wonder if the velineon system has to do with it. Added weight maybe?

Figured out the flipping. The rear end was bouncing up and causing it to flip forwards. All I did was loosen the preload with shock collars. Made a huge difference. It was just a little to bouncy.

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    yep, poop stinks :P
    what is the app that you used for the max speed?
    I use ulysse speed on my android. The phone that was used for this speed test was my supervisors and not sure what app it was.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Figured out the flipping. The rear end was bouncing up and causing it to flip forwards. All I did was loosen the preload with shock collars. Made a huge difference. It was just a little to bouncy.

That's good that you got it figured out. Have you had any problems with the shocks breaking?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast