Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Losi mini eight

Losi mini eight

So last night I purchased a new losi mini eight buggy from eBay. It comes with 2x lipos. One 2s and one 3s. I already ordered rpm front bumper, front/rear a-arms. Tonight I ordered front and rear hot racing composite shock towers. I am really excited to finally have a different brand RC other than traxxas. Don't get me wrong, I love my stampedes. Just time for a change. Another plus is they race these mini buggies at lhs parking lot. It's so fun to watch them fly around the track. Can't wait to be one of the drivers! If any of you guys have any experience with this RC please feel free to comment. Thanks

Sent from Oser world

Ive looked into the mini 8, looks real fun. but i dont have a track anywhere near me.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

I here you. I am already looking at the new mini castle four pole brush less motor. Just looking lol.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

My friend had one. The shock ilets and caps are crap. Traxxas shock ilets (TRA2742X) and stock Traxxas Ultra Shock Caps (TRA3767) fit right on the stock shocks. He also put a Hitec Mini servo in his. It had a ton of torque and was affordable. I can't remember what it was though. He blew through a spur gear almost every run though on 3s. We would set the most perfect gear mesh and it would strip. Other than that no problems! Have fun!

Thanks traxxasallout. I did read about traxxas shock parts working on it. I have plenty of traxxas parts lol. Plenty! I also read that the stock servo is crap. Here is a list of what I already ordered over the last two days (rpm arms front and back, hot racing carbon front and rear towers and hr black alloy bearing hubs and cblocks. I will wait till I get back from offshore to look at the RC before I do servo upgrade. It should be in this comming Wednesday. My lhs stocks hitech servos. Guess I better stock up on spur gears. Thanks again for your input😄

Sent from Oser world

I don't have a Mini 8IGHT but I love Losi. They make great vehicles and they have the best customer service! They stand behind their products.

I have the Tacon Soar which is also a 1/14th buggy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
    I don't have a Mini 8IGHT but I love Losi. They make great vehicles and they have the best customer service! They stand behind their products.

I have the Tacon Soar which is also a 1/14th buggy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks Jato. That's good to know. I was getting tired of looking at traxxas stampede parts lol. Looking forward to getting to know losing products.

No problem! Tomorrow at school I'll ask my friend if he remembers what Hitec it was.

Got the composite hot racing shock towers in mail today. They are so small he he.

those are tiny tiny towers for tiny cars:P
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler
    -Helion Animus brushless

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast