Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HobbyTown Load

HobbyTown Load

Went to my local hobbytown and I picked up a few things. As you can see, I bought the stampede 2wd front and rear talon tires, the proline desert rat body, and a few miscellaneous objects ie. body clips, axels, and paint.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    At first when I started cutting out the body, I kept thinking that people who do this must be magicians or something because i could not do it what so ever. Then i figured out that I just need to push harder and then bend the lexan a certin way and it will work perfectly. I think that the body turned out ok as my first body, but I still need to sand up some ruff spots. Anyway, happy easter everyone
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

Very clean. Like your color choice. Liking that body. I have a hard time following the prescribed lines on the bodies. Great work!:thumbup:

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

That's your first body? Wow that's good! I use curved lexan scissors to cut out my bodies. For the wheel wells i cut out the middle so I have less lexan to cut. Then I just cut the lines. Also, Nightcrawler thread might be up soon. I'm working on something for it...

Senior Member suburban_hooligan's Avatar
    good looking truck
    respect your elders. we've been around longer and done more stupid things than you, therefore we're smarter

thanks guys, I put some led headlights in the body just like in my animus. My bandit is now finally a rustler, now for some nice upgrades
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Nice! I just ordered some parts for my Slash 4x4 from AMain. Should be in on Friday. I'll have a thread.

cool. When I put the body on the truck, the front sits higher than the rear. I even moved my shocks to the outer hole, and I lowered the body mount to the highest up hole and I only use 1 screw to keep the mount thing on, i have the rpm mount. I was just wondering if this is normal but I dont like it.
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Quote Originally Posted by rcman View Post
    cool. When I put the body on the truck, the front sits higher than the rear. I even moved my shocks to the outer hole, and I lowered the body mount to the highest up hole and I only use 1 screw to keep the mount thing on, i have the rpm mount. I was just wondering if this is normal but I dont like it.
    I don't think that is normal. Can you post some pictures because I'm not experienced with the RPM mount but I might be able to help.

Ok ill post them in a few
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

heres the body and it tilts upward from the rear:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    heres the rpm mount, its at its lowest body position, this is also the stock position that RPM says you should set the mount at for the rustler.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    and the chassis is also level to the ground.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast