Thread: What RC is best for me?

What RC is best for me?

I am looking to get back into the whole RC hobby and wanted to know what some of the better kinds of trucks/cars are out there now. I have been looking at getting a Rustler VXL, but wanted to know if there was another truck comparable to the Rustler that is a little more affordable. I am planning on putting a Mamba Monster motor in it and keeping the Velineon esc to be waterproof. Let me know any suggestions about a truck that would work for me, I am looking to have a truck that is waterproof, fast (duh) and durable.

It depends on what you plan on doing with it....on-road speed runs, off-road bashing, big jumps. Where will you be driving, what terrain...pavement, maintained grass, tall grass, rutted up dirt/rock filled lots? Just FYI the Mamba Monster is the ESC, you're talking about their motor.....and I pretty sure the VXL esc will not handle the 1/8 scale motor.

the rustler is gonna be your best bet. its an excellent beginner car, or a great car to get back into the hobby with. like shrodemode said, the mamba monster is an 1/8 scale ESC, I think the thing you were thinking of was the mamba max pro motor, or the castle 1406 series motors. the stock velineon motor that comes with the rustler vxl really is a great motor, its ridiculously fast, waterproof, and you dont need to buy it! the rustler vxl is the one you want to get.
    If nobody comes back from the future to stop you, how bad of a decision can it be?
    -Traxxas Rustler VXL
    -Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler

It's depend on your planing what you want and also on your budget

Yes it really depend on you whatever you want...