Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new to this

spanklynn

new to this

im trying to get a axial tr honcho. is it a good truck and what do i need to get going

the ready to run model comes with everything you need. You can run a lipo battery but it wont have a cut off so you have to be careful, otherwise a nimh would be plenty.

spanklynn
    does it come with a charger. like i said im new to this i havent played with an rc car for over 20 years and i know nothing about them other than im up till 4 in the morning watching youtube

I went to the site and it says all you need is batteries. I don't know if it's for the remote and the truck or just one. Scroll to where it shows a big "TR" and it tells you there.

[url=http://www.axialracing.com/ftp/scx10-rtr/index.html]SCX10 TR w/Trail Honcho Body - PT# AX90016 - Trail Proven Off-Road Performance[/url]
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

spanklynn

new to this

the tr honcho you did the video on did it come with a charger

lol nice...basically if ur just new to it, but some nimh batteries..and a cheap charger...if you want to go lipo for more power and longer run times, buy a rooster crawler esc for the trail honcho...amazing power and lipo ready, then 2 2S 5000 Mah batteries and a run o the mill charger...$200 later your basically set

Senior Member mossycrawlerscx10's Avatar
    I don't believe the honcho TR comes with a charger,i run a venom 5000 mah battery in mine and a get decent run times.
    as far as a charger im using a piranha peak charger,there are a few on ebay right now for around 60 bucks.Its both nicad and nimh compatable.

id get the rtr, and ya i agree with mossy, venom lipos are awesome, that or turnigy.. but then you need a lipo charger, which if you find the right one, isnt too expensive

if it does come with a charger its gonna be a wall wart 8-16 hours to charge
    you should be able to get a nimh charger for $30

you need a charger and batteries.
    Factory Team B44, Mamba Max Pro, 4600kV Neu-Motor, Spektrum dx3e, Savox digital servo, Reedy Li-Po 60c saddle pack .

Factory Team SC10, Spectrum digital servo, Leopard speed control and 17.5 motor, Venom Li-Po 20c 3800mah, Associated 27mhz radio.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast