Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: going brushless!!

going brushless!!

tomorrow i am going brushless in my stampede xl-5 with velion 3500 and vxl3 esc (not sure what it is) goin to LHS and doin power up program from TRAXXAS which is why they are the best they have the best customer service

any tips for going brushless? and can i go mudding with them or should i get brushed ones for mudding so i dont waste $130 bucks vs $25
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

Mudding should be fine. Brushless motors are more durable than brushes in a brushed motor. With my brushless motor I keep having to buy rebuild kits for like $15 because the inside keeps getting gritty for some reason. Also, don't rev the motor without any friction or it will "blow up" according to BSRC.

P.s. Get some lipos so it's more worth it!!
    Owner of:
    Slash 2WD VXL (58mph with a 6200kv motor)
    Slash 4x4 VXL (56mph with a 6200kv motor)

RCN Staffer
    For real. The spinning rotor magnet will explode inside the can ruining everything.

You'll love brushless. You don't even know, but you will.

Add some safe LiFepo4 cells and go crazy.

Make sure you watch our brushless break in method movie, its very important...

brushless break in lol ?? you dont have one and is that possible to break in a brushless motor?
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

so if i have to "panic rev" in the air it might blow up the motor? and ughhhh the breakin thing confuses me lol like what wires to connect and where is confusing kinda ill need some oil and stuff tho

how much for a dual lipo charger and a lipo? cause if i go lipo ill get one battery to start then later get another but then i wont have to buy another charger but i dont have enough money right now :/ i really wish i did have enough money but someone said lipos would melt the plastic frame in truck? i dont know if thats true or not..... and they say with lipos you MUST let them cool down after use before you charge them how long does that take and how long does it take to charge them in 120V outlet like in your house
    Last edited by KawasakiDude572; 05-06-2011 at 09:20 PM.
    DIRTSCOOT 572
    TRAXXAS STAMPEDE VXL
    RC8B
    youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/KawasakiDude101?feature=mhee
    Next up is SCX10 show me what ya got
    RC trailers for sale

scubaboy
    Tekin all the way

RCN Staffer
    No as long as the motor is connected to the transmission your ok. If you just rev the motor while it's disconnected there is nothing keeping it from over revving.

Lipos will take an hour to charge unless you drop some big bucks on high end cells and charger.

Lipos should never get hot, barely warm when driving and charging so done worry about that. They won't melt anything.

There is no break in on brushless motors I think jeremy read that wrong. if you got the traxxas system just match the colors to connect the motor.

Sent from my Galaxy S via Tapatalk
    Last edited by BSRC; 05-06-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Volt Up. Gear Down.

Team RCN - Subscribe - Youtube RC Nightmare

Summitnutz
    Quote Originally Posted by BSRC View Post
    No as long as the motor is connected to the transmission your ok. If you just rev the motor while it's disconnected there is nothing keeping it from over revving.

Lipos will take an hour to charge unless you drop some big bucks on high end cells and charger.

Lipos should never get hot, barely warm when driving and charging so done worry about that. They won't melt anything.

There is no break in on brushless motors I think jeremy read that wrong. if you got the traxxas system just match the colors to connect the motor.

Sent from my Galaxy S via Tapatalk
    My answer would have been exactly that.... lipo are safe if treated correctly,Like most things.A table fork can kill you if you don't use it correctly

RCN Staffer
    Well? Did ya get it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast