Thread: My birthday!!!!

Question My birthday!!!!

Alright everyone here's the deal. I am a HUGE rally fan and my 15th birthday is coming up next week. i have narrowed my main present decisions to these 2 final things. First off i already own a traxxas rustler xl-5 and id really like to upgrade to a vx-l mainly because of the trade in option for prices around 130 bucks :P although i would like to begin to build on my collection of rc's considering i only have 1. So on the 24th DiRT 3 the new rally racing game will be coming out with a package option that has the game and the traxxas ken block rally car. now i do beleive the car by its self already costs around 300 bucks and the game by its self will cost 60. but the package of both will still only cost 300 together. this package will not be around forever as the trade in for the velenion system for the rustler will probably be. what im saying is i can always upgrade my rustler another time. so that's it! i need opinions people! Rally car now upgrade later?! Or upgrade now rally car Never?!

welcome aboard friend!

(you could always buy our FAMOUS Gymkhana!)

hey jeremy do you sell any of your personal rc stuff? i see you are saying for him to buy your stuff but i maybe interested myself what all do you have for sale?
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

thank you! but it appears my decisions have turned to upgrading my rustler. and in the near future looking into a traxxas slash

RCN Staffer
    Now you can WIN our Traxxas Ken Block fo FREE!

What kinda upgrades do you have in mind for the rustler?
    Volt Up. Gear Down.

Team RCN - Subscribe - Youtube RC Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by BSRC View Post
    Now you can WIN our Traxxas Ken Block fo FREE!

What kinda upgrades do you have in mind for the rustler?
    yeah but the chances of me winning are 00000 LOL :/
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

To BSRC

dahh im not sure. I really want to get the darn thing jumping. i dont know what to do about batteries and gearing. i run pretty much all terrains in fact i'm currently gathering up different types of tires i want to get some foams i hear they are actually pretty good but you cant really run them on grass. So long story short i want speed, air, wheelies, and if possible flips. I dont know the best way to do this without lowering my cars abilities off the road.
    Last edited by SketchyRC; 06-01-2011 at 04:44 AM.

RCN Staffer
    The only upgrade you'd need for all those things is brushless and lipo. Once you got those; tires, body, and etc will all be an after thought.
    Volt Up. Gear Down.

Team RCN - Subscribe - Youtube RC Nightmare

thanks for the help guys! If i get my rustler flying ill be able to re-focus my savings on a slash 4x4. unless traxxas releases something amazing that is still in my price range

i say get the Castle Sidewinder SCT system for 100 bucks. its more powerful than the VXL system, 50 bucks cheaper, and has a better warranty and support. the only thing you lose is the waterproofing, which you can do yourself.