Thread: High powered servos/ receiver issues

High powered servos/ receiver issues

If you are running a big digital servo that eats up a lot of power, it may be too much for your receiver. Your receiver needs a certain voltage to operate correctly, If you have a servo that eats up lots of power it will cause spikes in that voltage and this will cause the receiver to malfunction. You will need a voltage protector to smooth out those spikes so your receiver can function properly. I learned this the hard way so i thought i would tell you guys so your cars/trucks don't go crazy and crash into a wall with your new servo....... like mine
    Factory Team B44, Mamba Max Pro, 4600kV Neu-Motor, Spektrum dx3e, Savox digital servo, Reedy Li-Po 60c saddle pack .

Factory Team SC10, Spectrum digital servo, Leopard speed control and 17.5 motor, Venom Li-Po 20c 3800mah, Associated 27mhz radio.

Summitnutz
    If you are running a high voltage servo, they draw big amps..you should consider a seperate bec.I am running a turnigy high voltage servo on my summit and a castle bec solved the brown outs i was having

thats what i plan on doing in my buggy HV servo and a the caslte 10amp bec
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Spektrum View Post
    If you are running a big digital servo that eats up a lot of power, it may be too much for your receiver. Your receiver needs a certain voltage to operate correctly, If you have a servo that eats up lots of power it will cause spikes in that voltage and this will cause the receiver to malfunction. You will need a voltage protector to smooth out those spikes so your receiver can function properly. I learned this the hard way so i thought i would tell you guys so your cars/trucks don't go crazy and crash into a wall with your new servo....... like mine
    was that ur sc10 that hit the wall.. did anything break
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

No, nothing broke. The BEC is a good idea but the voltage protector works fine for me.
    Factory Team B44, Mamba Max Pro, 4600kV Neu-Motor, Spektrum dx3e, Savox digital servo, Reedy Li-Po 60c saddle pack .

Factory Team SC10, Spectrum digital servo, Leopard speed control and 17.5 motor, Venom Li-Po 20c 3800mah, Associated 27mhz radio.