Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ian2

Thread: I cant get my ESC on a specific mode

I cant get my ESC on a specific mode

I have a traxxas velinion vxl-3s ESC and i cant get it into a specific mode(training, race, and sport). I do the button hold combinations as instructed but i just cant seem to get the green light. i didnt really have this problem with my xl-5. Is this a common problem?

i had an issue doing that.... my answer was a fully charged battery. i dont know if that will help you or not
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

your button must be stuck down ? try putting a dot of shot oil in the button ? otherwise i ahve no idea
    erevofreak96 likes this.
    full throttle or else it must be broke but breaking it is just another reason to build it bigger and better than before!

what mode do you want?
    or are you trying to change battery type? if battery type start with unit off and hold button for 15-25 seconds

RCN Staffer
    If you're trying to change profiles you won't see a green light except for when you first press the button. If you continue to hold it down you will see red, then red blinking once, twice, and thrice. You let go after the profile you want (1, 2, or 3).

If you still can't get it stop by Hobbytown in Germantown tomorrow and I can help ya out.
    Volt Up. Gear Down.

Team RCN - Subscribe - Youtube RC Nightmare

that is what i do i see the green hold for one blink red and then let off to get sport mode. it still works as the sport mode profile but the light remains red.

my buttons on those always used to get stuck, just push it alot over and over... sounds dumb lol but eventually it will come out

RCN Staffer
    You are definitely getting it into sport mode no problem. The red light is telling you that LIPO cutoff is turned off. If you're running a lipo turn on the Transmitter and ESC, make sure throttle works! Now hold the button down for 10 seconds until you hear it make a noise. Now that light will be green meaning that LIPO cutoff is turn ON. To turn it off do the exact same thing.
    Volt Up. Gear Down.

Team RCN - Subscribe - Youtube RC Nightmare

I think your battery was not fully charged that's why you are facing this problem first charge your battery then check it I think the problem was gone