Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Splitting Large Lipo Packs?

  1. #11
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by RCRacing88 View Post
    Because I live in the UK. I dont like buying from US especially for batteries
    Then buy the batteries from Hong Kong...
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

    E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

    Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

  2. #12
    Senior Member RCRacing88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bedfordshire, UK
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChris1696 View Post
    Then buy the batteries from Hong Kong...
    No your not getting my point, I don't want to buy batteries from abroad. end of

    Because if anything goes wrong, I cannot be bothered to deal with returns and postage and all that crap. Not to mention the long wait. average of 3 weeks
    Caster Racing EX1.5
    T8 1900kv & Castle Speed Control on 4s
    Diggity Designs CF Upper Deck
    VP Pro & Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC1258 Titanium Geared


    HotBodies Truggy & Ho Bao Hyper 7
    GX-5R .21 - Byron 20%
    Ofna - Proline - VP Pro - Caster Wheels/tyres
    Savox SC125/78 Titanium Geared


    Thanks to: Caster Racing USA - Team Tekin - Byron Fuels - VP Pro - Savox

    RCRacing88.eu5.org / Youtube.com/RCRacing88
    Nene Valley Raceway

  3. #13
    Senior Member batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    indiana
    Posts
    289
    thanks andersonwal for that link to r/c calculations, thats what i was looking for when i was building my life packs using old laptop batteries

  4. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by RCRacing88 View Post
    No your not getting my point, I don't want to buy batteries from abroad. end of

    Because if anything goes wrong, I cannot be bothered to deal with returns and postage and all that crap. Not to mention the long wait. average of 3 weeks
    Well if you buy locally, they are like a hundred a piece. I've been waiting for about 3 months for Lipos to run my E Revo. Never run before
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

    E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

    Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

  5. #15
    Senior Member andersonwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cantonment, FL
    Posts
    304
    Personally, i think if you get the cheap lipos at 20 dollars a pack, you can buy 5 for the price of one at your local shop and if one goes bad, your only out 20 bucks and you can easily afford a new one.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

    My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChris1696 View Post
    Well if you buy locally, they are like a hundred a piece. I've been waiting for about 3 months for Lipos to run my E Revo. Never run before
    wait you have been waiting 3 months for your lipos to come to your house?

  7. #17
    RCN Staffer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SE WI
    Posts
    190
    Splitting Lipo packs is definitely not for the inexperienced. It involves using a METAL soldering iron to un-solder the individual cell tabs that sit only millimeters from eachother. One small slip and you can have a disaster. I've been soldering for 10+ years and have split and rebuilt countless Lipos packs and I still get a little nervous when I'm tearing into them.

    RCN has considered a tutorial for this very procedure but decided against it because of the raw danger involved.
    Volt Up. Gear Down.

    Team RCN - Subscribe - Youtube RC Nightmare

  8. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by shnebo View Post
    wait you have been waiting 3 months for your lipos to come to your house?
    No we sent the bad lipos back and they keep saying "We understand your concern. We will have to consult the relevant department for more information."
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

    E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

    Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by BSRC View Post
    Splitting Lipo packs is definitely not for the inexperienced. It involves using a METAL soldering iron to un-solder the individual cell tabs that sit only millimeters from eachother. One small slip and you can have a disaster. I've been soldering for 10+ years and have split and rebuilt countless Lipos packs and I still get a little nervous when I'm tearing into them.

    RCN has considered a tutorial for this very procedure but decided against it because of the raw danger involved.
    What type of danger is involved? Will the packs explode if not unsoldered correctly or if there is something else wrong?

  10. #20
    Senior Member andersonwal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cantonment, FL
    Posts
    304
    They can explode if soldered incorrectly, or if the paste inside gets to hot it can explode, you can accidentally cut the cell when cutting the pack which can make it explode, and much more.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

    My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Large R/C car, truck, buggy, snowmobile, boat
    By Trentwaskey in forum Car Builds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2012, 01:28 AM
  2. Large scale project need help
    By apunkdrummer in forum RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •