Thread: blushless motor brake in.

Kayneo G

blushless motor brake in.

hey guys does anyone know of any really good brushless brake in methods?

Plug it in a just run it.... No break in
    Mugen MBX6
    TLR 22
    Mugen MBX6 ECO

Thanks to my sponsors: |RcRenew.com | VP-PRO Racing | Kal-Gard | FTH | Assassin Graphics |

Brushless engines are not like nitro engines. You don't have to break it in. Just plug in some good quality batteries and run it. Just don't run it too hard on the first couple runs. Then after that your ready to flip and flop.
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

yeah i dont break em in. i just take them apart and clean them after a few days of track running

Quote Originally Posted by TheChris1696 View Post
    Brushless engines are not like nitro engines. You don't have to break it in. Just plug in some good quality batteries and run it. Just don't run it too hard on the first couple runs. Then after that your ready to flip and flop.
    I think you ment to say Brushless Motors aren't like Brushed. Nitro Engines do take some careful break in, but just for this application. Brushless being most similar to Brushed

You can easily crack and break the brushes or commutator on a Brushed motor if you don't break it in.

As for brushless, the only contact in the motor, is the Bearings. Which can, in some cases, be just as fragile. Run the motor on a less Voltage pack (IE: not a 3s Lipo) check the bearings for grinding ect. If you have some brushless motor oil, add a few drops and run it again. Check again, and you're good.

A hard lesson I learned with my first brushless, don't take it off big jump's with flat landings to start (Better just to avoid this all together) Ive had magnets come loose and ruin the motor.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

I beg to differ. You should most definatly break in a brushless motor. oil the bearings in the motor or 1 you could risk shattering them. I have done it. one you oil the bearings take the motor hook it to your ESC and all your other garbage lol. Then to break in put the motor on a motor stand. Slowly gain the throttle until you hit top end. take about 5 min to do this . Also gives you a good Idea on what the motor temps are before gearing.

I would say oil the bearings aw ell and run it slowly to work the oil into the bearings but most higher end motor manufactures like castle, tekin, novak, lrp, ect., will have already done this for you as part of their quality control.
    I reject your reality, and blow it up with C4.

My Garage:
    Losi 8ight 2.0 E
    Losi XXX-SCT
    Associated B4.1 Worlds edition