Thread: 8ight mini or Savage SX

8ight mini or Savage SX

i never have really been a fan of bashing trucks. but that savage looks crazy. as well i like the handling characteristics of a 1.8th scale buggy and the mini 8ight looks like its going to deliver... any ideas guys?
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzyinzo?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/u5ZEPGsD7wM]Check out my YouTube Channel : ill sub back if you sub me... CLICK ME [/url]

i blieve the the savage is perfect for bashers that want some speed and it can go anywhere but will be damaged on pavement bashing. it is not ment for street bashing unlike the losi its limited but where do we mostly bash the street. the losi is still great because it built off a race proven chassis and a overall awesome car. so really you cant go wrong with either one

I think the savage xs is great for bashing but the mini losi is better suited for indoor carpet racing.
    Check out the URC Review on the XS
    [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSd1uSHStn0]HPI Savage XS Flux review - YouTube[/url]

I'll keep it simple.If you want to run out doors get the savage xs. the Losi mini 8ight is more for carpet racing or some kinda smooth mini track not for the bumpy unforgiven outdoors as it has barley any ground clearance.how ever the Losi will take a beating and handle alot better because of the ground clearance two.so basically you got a racer,the Losi and a basher the hpi savage xs
    Last edited by rcracer9; 10-11-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    Jammin x2 crt electric conversion.mamba monster 2200kv combo hitec 7954sh,hongnor 2.4
    Jammin x2 cr electric conversion.mamba monster 2650kv combo hitec 645mg hongnor 2.4
    Jammin crt.5 electric conversion.
    Ultra lx2e.Mamba monster 2650 combo.
    Mini mgt3.0

Mini XS. No question.

If you look at the actual specs of the Mini 8ight, it's a 1/18 system, and super random 1/14 scale. Who else makes a 1/14 RC? Mind you you do a have direct fit 1/10 touring tire, but with $8 adapters I had them on my 18T. I like the "idea" of the Mini 8ight... but IMO Losi blew it.... I think it's them trying to invent a new class and to thorugh one of their 1/18 motors to sell their brushless systems. Too small of a motor in too big of RC :l

The XS, 1/16, full 1/10 system, loads of choices there. Lots competition thanks to Traxxas 1/16 machines. I love when makers compete. Tire choices. Very Bash-able. Tough as nails, and RPM parts Im sure will come

My rant for the day
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.