Thread: How do you make a car faster

Lucas333

How do you make a car faster

Hi everyone I have just got a big tamia hotshot for my birthday but I'm quite disappointed with the speed so can anyone tell me any simple and cheap ways to make my car faster. Thanks

Castle Creations SCT combo .. that's if you are talking an all stock Hotshot .. motor upgrade would be the cheapest way to get more speed and brushed motors the lower the turn the more rpm you will get .. same with brushless ... a couple of web sites to check out hobbypartz ..and amainhobbies .com , not sure if your kit is full ball bearing ..but .. that would help out a ton also ..

The Hotshot is an old design. I'm not sure the drivetrain will handle brushless power and LiPos. Even if it does, the car might not handle that well with all that power. If it works I'm sure it will be fun!

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

change the tires from dirt treds to street treds. change the triangle hexs to tamiya standard hexs so you can put an aray of aftermarket wheels and tires. put full ball bearings and try to get the tamiya mod motors because they are direct bolt ins

Lucas333
    Ok thanks everyone I will try and get new tires and a motor.

Well, it's a vintage re-creation RC. Can't really expect too much there.....

It's a pretty common question though... Well, as with any car, full size or RC, it can only go as fast as the engine or motor can make it go....

So, new motor/ESC and battery will make a whole world of difference. Tires really don't make a difference in top speed in a stock beastie, but help handling and you'll need to get new ones anyway once they wear out.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

but with tires it does matter on what terrain you are running on. would you race an a main with street tires on a dusty dirt track? no so traction does play a part in speed unlike those stock tires are not good on street.

Lucas333
    My hotshot is the new version I don't think it the old one

@ RCbeginner, We're talking top-speed, but controlling it is another side of it. If you just have a brushed or even a brushless with a basic battery, it's not to bad to control almost no matter what tire or surface, trust me, bald Dirt-Hawgs with a Brushless on a non watered, dusty, hard clay track with a top speed of 50mph, that's tough. None bald off-road tires on pavement is not bad, even with insane motors. So switching to a street tire doesn't do much in this case.

@Lucas333. That's why I said Re-Creation. You can by them brand new, but they're the same as the old ones. Im guessing this one? [url=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXRXV8&P=8]TowerHobbies.com | 58391 Tamiya Hotshot Kit[/url] I love how the rear suspension works.

An RC like this is more of a novelty then to have as a more serious basher or racer. You can still do it of course, but I really wouldn't push that thing too far and expect too much out of it, it's a great RC, but maybe not for what you want to do. If you still want to go the buggy route I'd say an Associated B4 or similar. The only B4 RTR now is Brushless only but it's really only $245. Not much for Brushless and 2.4ghz.

For the $199 a HotShot costs you could get a basic a modern RTR from almost any manufacture.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

lipos def help with speed