Thread: New ESC

Lightbulb New ESC

Hey guys and gals, quick question...

Anyone have any suggestions about replacing a stock VXL-3 speed controller? I have the 1/16th scale Boss 302, and unfortunately I have burned the ESC from doing high speed runs, repeatedly. I wasn't that concerned with it since its stock, so no biggie. I need something that can handle a lot of voltage, since I'm running 14.4 volts, but I don't need something crazy expensive. Any ideas? Low voltage cut-off doesn't matter since i don't run LiPO. So if it has it great if not, no big deal.

I don't want or need a new motor, the 380 velenion is plenty fast, so I don't really want to get a kit. Just a good well rounded ESC.

i found this esc it might help you out and wont break the bank
    [url=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8993__Hobby_King_Brushless_Car_ESC_100A_w_Revers e_Upgrade_version_.html]HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Hobby King Brushless Car ESC 100A w/ Reverse (Upgrade version)[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by rcbeginner View Post
    i found this esc it might help you out and wont break the bank
    [url=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8993__Hobby_King_Brushless_Car_ESC_100A_w_Revers e_Upgrade_version_.html]HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Hobby King Brushless Car ESC 100A w/ Reverse (Upgrade version)[/url]
    That is an odd ESC with the two large capacitors up top. They are super exposed.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I think its due to the amperage ability of the esc. It says it handles 100A. But that's just a guess...

there is other escs just like that have the capacitor exposed like the novak kinetic but its really where you put it in the chassis to worry about it