Thread: HELP! Looking to purchase first RC!

Bird

Question HELP! Looking to purchase first RC!

I'm thinking of getting my boyfriend his first RC car for Christmas. It seems to be a growing hobby in our area as we have several friends that race on a dirt track etc. I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I am looking for suggestions as to the best RC I can purchase for about $250 preferably not much more? I've tried looking online, but I don't have a clue what anything means! Any advice you give is appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    I'm thinking of getting my boyfriend his first RC car for Christmas. It seems to be a growing hobby in our area as we have several friends that race on a dirt track etc. I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I am looking for suggestions as to the best RC I can purchase for about $250 preferably not much more? I've tried looking online, but I don't have a clue what anything means! Any advice you give is appreciated!!
    at that price, you should look into the new animus 4x4 coming out...4x4, 2.4 ghz, just 200

with black friday coming up there should be sales going and i think a traxxas slash 2wd would be it your price range.here is a link to a site that have a verity of trucks perfect for any one.also go to your local hobby store to see which brand they have an abundance of parts for. look for brands like Traxxas, Team associated, Losi, and Hpi racing
    [url=http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_44_1171/n/RC-Cars-Trucks-Kits-Electric-2wd-Short-Course-Kits]Electric Short Course Kits: RC Truck Kits - A Main Hobbies[/url]

I would probably agree with the slash. Great first off roader but I can't comment much on price. Purely based on I'm on the otherside of the world. Slash second here is already about 200 so is a little more pricy

If he's going to race buy an SC10RS. It's $311 but worth every penny.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Im really not much of a ShortCourse fan, but the Slash is a great beginner RC. If you get the top RTR one, 2.4 ghz, battery and charger. And it comes with the ShortCourse truck toughness. Plus there are tons of parts and hop-ups and big Slash community.
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTech View Post
    Im really not much of a ShortCourse fan, but the Slash is a great beginner RC. If you get the top RTR one, 2.4 ghz, battery and charger. And it comes with the ShortCourse truck toughness. Plus there are tons of parts and hop-ups and big Slash community.
    What about a Traxxas Rustler? Those things are fully customizable and cheap!
    2nd Place is the 1st Loser

E Revo Mamba Monster 2200kv
    Slash 2WD Stock with Homemade Swaybars

Youtube Account:
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChris1696?feature=mhum[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by TheChris1696 View Post
    What about a Traxxas Rustler? Those things are fully customizable and cheap!
    Of course! Generally Traxxas is good for beginners, which is why they're so popular now. I like the Rustler better, but said Slash over Rustler because of the big tough bumpers and the sheer popularity of SC trucks. My first RC was my B4 RS, not exactly cheap and super easy to drive, but I never regretted it
    Collection:
    B4 Mamba. 'Nuf said.
    RC18T (added wing)
    GC-3 gatekeeper Losi Mini-Crawler
    Micro-t
    Micro-SCT
    Original Mini LST (Exo-Tek LXT Single Servo Converson, Traxxas servo)
    Soon to be Quadcopter.